We’re looking for an exceptional Midweight Hybrid Creative/Designer to join bandstand. We’re a fun, energetic family with bags of character and a pretty neat drinks trolley.
We’re after someone with experience of creating brands from scratch and seeing them through to completion, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to inject ideas along the way. We don’t want design-by-numbers; we want to see some serious spark thrown into every piece of work.
First, a bit about us.
We’re an independent full-service agency who is curious, fearless, honest and passionate – with a big dose of fun and mischief thrown in.
bandstanders hail from all parts of the creative industry; from big brand consultancies to brand owners, advertising agencies to pure digital shops and everything in between. That means we’re at home working with clients on business and brand strategy, through to design and visual identities, ads, social campaigns, web builds and moving image in-house – all as one slightly dysfunctional family.
Sector-wise, we’re pretty promiscuous. We like to keep things exciting – luxury goods, film, travel, retail, charity, property and public sector. But whatever we do, we want to create simple, bold work, that works.
Culture is everything to us – and we all look out for one another when needed.
Now, who we’re after.
- You’ll need to respond to varied briefs and deliver highly engaging creative work across a variety of disciplines, from branding to ad campaigns, websites to brochures, films to photoshoots.
- Bring your ideas to life visually through moodboards, scamps, storyboards, mock-ups, designs or any other means you know will work best.
- Take your ideas from concept right through to execution yourself, working alongside our in-house production/artwork team to ensure a high-quality finish.
- Work collaboratively with, and be a vocal member of, our team of hybrid creatives to bring your ideas to life, or be required to use your own initiative and work independently.
- Seek and take feedback and guidance from our Head of Creative and Design Director.
- Be confident in presenting your work and the ideas behind it, both internally and externally to clients.
- Have the ability to smoothly slip over to other roles to cover absence or help pick up the slack, from production bits, design amends to art direction.
- Push and elevate bandstand’s creative output at all times.
- Are a hands-on, enthusiastic, energetic creative designer with a great eye for detail, a big sprinkle of flair and sense of humour. You’ll have at least 5 years of agency experience developing creative and crafting the design from concept through to completion.
- Have an in-depth understanding of, and passion for, art direction, design, layout and typography.
- Have excellent attention to detail and very high standards for design.
- Can work collaboratively in person, or remotely using a range of tools including Microsoft programmes and Google Docs.
- Are enthusiastic, eager to learn, unafraid to do things differently and have a can-do attitude.
- Are a team player.
- Are a problem solver who thrives on cracking a client’s brief and pushing it further than expected.
- Aren’t afraid to throw in the odd cheeky Marmite idea.
- Are willing to step outside of your comfort zone and “the norm” and give basically anything a bash.
- Are used to working on multiple clients at any one time.
- Stay culturally aware, with your finger on the pulse of new work and an interest in current trends and influences.
- At least 5 years’ agency experience.
- Abroad portfolio of work that demonstrates your design talent across branding, marketing, campaigns and advertising.
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch, with a focus on InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of After Effects would be a big plus.