We’re looking for a Frontend Developer who understands their role involves defining slick user experiences as well as writing clean, elegant code.
You might be a developer with 3-5 years experience in a digital agency, creative company, digital start up or product team. You’re confident working across multiple projects and maintaining high standards throughout your code and the wider team.
What you will be doing
- Working closely with others in a cross-functional team of producers, designers, developers to iterate on projects.
- Helping to maintain internal processes and standards in collaboration with other members of the tech team .
- Identifying interesting new technology-related trends, techniques, tools and methodologies.
- Mentoring less experienced team members.
- Helping to scope and define effort for build requirements on a variety of projects.
To get an idea of the kind of work we do take a look at some of our open source projects on https://github.com/thisissoon
What skills we’re looking for
- Strong knowledge of frontend web technologies (HTML5, CSS3) including modern CSS standards and use of preprocessors (eg. Sass, PostCSS).
- Working knowledge of frontend build tools (Node, Webpack).
- Experience with NodeJS server-side rendering.
- Experience writing automated unit tests.
- Good Unix/Linux and shell skills (we use Docker for everything).
- Foundational knowledge of data structures and common design patterns.
- Working knowledge of version control systems (Git).
- Experience working with third party APIs (GraphQL experience would be a plus).
Nice to have
- An interest in server-side web technologies for API development (Node, Go).
- An interest in DevOps, web infrastructure (Kubernetes) and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment.
- Familiarity with serverless environments (Firebase, Cloud Firestore, Cloud Functions).
- Experience working with WebGL and web animation to produce rich visual experiences.
What you’ll get out of it
You will be working directly with senior members of a very talented technical team, so this is an amazing chance to work with and learn from the best. We’re a small company and a tight team – we work collaboratively, we share load, we have deep specialist experience but often blend roles.
We’re also a tech start-up — researching, prototyping and building our own products as part of our R&D process. You’ll be actively involved in this with opportunities to explore technologies you’re most interested in.
We pay fair London wages, encourage decent amounts of holiday and support remote and flexible working.
The mindset we’re looking for
– Love what you do: We really care about our clients and the work. So should you.
– Want to learn: Learning new things is what motivates all of us and is why we love the Web.
– Be proactive: You get out what you put in.
– Show genuine talent: Make us feel like we’ll never be that good.
– Attention to detail: We worry, fret and polish till it’s right.