Helical Levity is led by world renowned cyber security expert James Lyne and combines a team of passionate and talented designers, developers and security researchers. Together we design and build the industry leading cyber security education product, CyberStart, used by over 200k students across the UK and US. Over the past couple of months we’ve been embarking on a significant upgrade to the product and we’re looking for a talented Digital Product Designer with strong UI design and front-end development skills to join the team making it happen. You’ll be working in a small but established team, alongside an existing product manager, designer, directly for the Chief Product Officer (an experienced designer himself), and alongside a team of back-end developers.
As part of a cross-functional team you will need solid communication skills, the ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical people, as well as the capacity to work steadfastly under your own direction. You’ll play a role in helping understand our users needs, product ownership and roadmapping, and take the lead setting the direction for front-end development standards and architecture.
Most of the team work remotely, but we do have an amazing office in Ascott-under-Wychwood for when the world gets back to working in person again, so either are an option long term.
- Work with the Product Manager and other designers to design and build high quality, engaging and functional
- UI components for our product and marketing sites, including building out an easy-to-use design system using Fractal, Storybook or similar.
- Take the lead in making frontend architecture decisions for our product, including everything from simple templating through to implementing more advanced front-end frameworks as appropriate.
- Play a pivotal role in upgrading dozens of immersive cyber security challenges that form the basis of CyberStart with improvements to the front-end approach.
Skills and experience
- Strong UI/UX design skills with experience building engaging and functional interfaces.
- A good working knowledge of HTML and SCSS, with a solid understanding of accessibility, responsive design, front-end performance, browser testing and other UI implementation considerations.
Level and salary
- We’re open to applicants with a variety of skill and experience levels.
- Salary is negotiable and dependent on experience.
- Private healthcare.
- Flexible working with some core working hours.
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays per year.
- Regular team-building away days.
Please email using the Apply by Email link with your CV, link to your portfolio, and any further information you think would be relevant for us to see.