Our vision, with quality journalism at the heart, is to pioneer new ways to serve 10 million registered users and 1 million subscribers.
The Telegraph are looking for a highly creative Junior Designer to help develop new visual storytelling across editorial platforms. Be part of the design team where experimentation and learning are encouraged.
- Creating short visual stories, in an innovative and highly creative manner
- Working to fast-paced deadlines on an edition based products
- Collaborating with Graphic Artists, Video Editors, Editors, Developers, and Journalists to brainstorm and storyboard short stories for the day’s’ topics
- Working closely with other designers to bring stories to life, in a short, snappy, highly visual format
- Working with the Design Director, to develop a leading industry approach on this platform and across other existing formats
- Weekly illustrations and animations
- An outstanding portfolio of projects
- Strong motion and/or illustration skills (animation skills a benefit)
- Know your way around the full Adobe suite (Animate, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign plus Sketch)
- An understanding of motion graphics. Further training will be made available to candidates who require more skills in this area.
- The ability to keep commercial objectives and the ‘bigger picture’ in mind when designing
- Have an open-minded and receptive approach to innovating and iterating your designs
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, working as part of a team
- Interested in current affairs and have a passion for telling stories
- Energetic, have an appetite for experimentation and a good sense of fun
- A keen eye on current design trends
What you can expect from The Telegraph if you’re the successful candidate:
- Personal and career development opportunities such as communication, soft skills, and industry qualifications.
- Work within a dynamic team, who challenge the status quo and champion agile working & continuous improvement; adopting the Telegraph’s values – together, fearless, open-minded and informed – in everything we do.
- 25 days holiday; rising to 30 days after 3 years service, private pension, plus lifestyle, health & wellbeing, and financial benefits.
- The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.