Manchester International Festival (MIF) will return in Summer ‘21 with a celebration of international culture, innovation and creativity. MIF invites great artists from across the globe to create extraordinary new work for the Festival, which is staged every two years at venues and found spaces across Manchester. Our future home is The Factory, a world-class cultural space being built in the heart of the city, where we’ll present a year-round programme and artists will be able to develop work of huge ambition and scale that they might not be able to anywhere else.
We want to bring together a talented team of people, reaching out into every corner of Manchester and harnessing the talent and energy that is found across the city and beyond.
Working under the direction of MIF’s Head of Design, the Senior Designer will be responsible delivering the design and production for the 2021 Manchester International Festival (MIF) and The Factory.
- To help build and manage MIF’s freelance and in-house design team to deliver excellent design in line with existing guidelines whilst establishing and developing best practice
- In conjunction with MIF’s Head of Design take a lead role in managing the output of the MIF design studio, including gathering project requirements, presenting design concepts and options for design treatments, design amendments, proofreading and sending designs to print, as well as reviewing and overseeing the work of other designers to ensure high quality
- To create the design elements of MIF commissions liaising closely with Producers and Artists
- To design and create elements for the Creative Engagement and Development Departments
- To work closely with MIF’s Head of Design to implement overarching brand design direction and development
- To ensure that design and creative projects are delivered on time and to budget.
This is a 9-month Fixed Term Contract (Jan – end Sep 2021), working Mon-Fri 35 hours per week.
Manchester International Festival operate an online application process. However, if you have any specific accessibility requirements and require the application form and/or job pack in an alternative format, please email email@example.com.
We particularly encourage people from Greater Manchester and underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
The role will require the post holder to be based remotely initially in-line with government guidelines, however we expect the post holder to be based in Manchester nearer to the delivery of MIF ’21.