Overview of Black Sun Group:
Our offer has continually evolved. Since 1991, we have pioneered customer loyalty programmes, reinvented corporate reporting, and introduced digital technology to the FTSE 100. Today, our evolved proposition is transforming the way companies think about communicating to their stakeholders. We’re on a mission to help companies tell the story of how they create value for the people that matter to them: investors, employees, customers, and society. Over the years, we have worked with stellar clients from all over the world – including British Airways, Barclays, Burberry, DeBeers, HSBC, SMRT, Sainsbury’s and The World Bank. We have also extended our footprint, with the opening of our Singapore office in 2014.
At heart, we are storytellers. We unearth the corporate story. We shape it. We unleash it across all channels, and in all formats. We start with the annual report and find natural extensions in digital, social, and experiential communications. We are powered by a unique mix of strategic insight, creative inspiration and technology advantage. This makes our work go further than just great communications. We help companies gain a better understanding, trust, and support from their stakeholders. Ultimately, we help companies drive positive change.
Above anything else, Black Sun is a team of talented, friendly and diverse people driven by common values, and a genuine desire to make a positive difference in the world of business. This is hard, but fulfilling work. Our long-term goal is to create one of the best places to work in our sector. This is why we ensure our people get plenty of opportunities to learn and grow, and regularly consult with them to hear how best we can achieve that goal.
Overview of the role:
The principal role of the Digital Designer is to create, develop and deliver award-winning digital creative solutions for our clients and prospects. You’ll be responsible for responding to creative briefs, creating experience design solutions and maintaining the integrity of the work for our clients.
We are looking for a creative thinker with a passion for digital communications looking to tell the stories of our clients in compelling and inventive ways. You’ll need the ability to mix creative flair and technical know-how with commercial awareness, effectively conceive and create best practice user experiences and present and sell-in your work, with the added ability to maintain your head when things get busy, and a great personality to boot!
Your Key Responsibilities:
Provide creative thinking – To provide creative thinking across the clients and projects you are involved with and set the overall design direction and then delivering the detailed designs. Proactively lead the thinking, design process and the delivery of digital campaigns and projects. Combine creative and strategic thinking to proactively push and challenge briefs, translate business and communications objectives into original and relevant propositions and digital creative solutions – being the ultimate custodian of your creative output, ensuring that the integrity, accuracy and quality of work is maintained.
Enrich our digital solutions – To continually develop your digital skills and understanding, along with how our own publishing platform performs to ensure that you create modern, effective and quality digital communications experiences. To share knowledge internally that will deepen and enrich our digital solutions.
Strengthen client relationships – To build strong client relationships with day to day client contacts, instilling their trust and confidence in your ability to meet their needs. Successfully selling creative solutions to clients. To be proactive in all client dealings, managing account and technical problems efficiently and provide an exemplary client experience at all times.
Take commercial responsibility – Manage your time and effort on a job to deliver to time, specification and budget, and to also ensure that your designs are deliverable to the agreed delivery budget through close collaboration with the project management and development teams. Look for ways to improve work efficiencies and best practice to enhance our processes and margins.
Support the wider team – To work closely with the Lead Digital Designer and the Creative Director and wider Creative team as well as the Digital Project Management and Development teams to understand the creative needs and to then execute accordingly.
Reporting to: The Lead Digital Designer
Working closely with: The Executive Creative Director and the wider Creative Team, Head of Digital Delivery, Digital Project Managers and Application Development team
The ideal candidate will have the following profile of skills and experience:
- Degree level qualification from a reputable Art/Design college;
- Ideally a minimum of three years’ experience in digital communications and design;
- Expert knowledge of XD, Illustrator & Photoshop;
- Excellent knowledge and experience of digital channels, including websites, email marketing and social media;
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills necessary to present your solutions and to build trust and respect both with clients and the team; and
- Excellent eye for detail, ambitious for the quality of your work, and a constant search for excellence.
- Passionate about creating inspiring work;
- Ambition to self-improve and excel;
- Strong ‘can do’ attitude motivated by a desire to be part of the solution, rather than part of the problem;
- Ability to multitask and direct effectively under pressure, managing conflicting deadlines;
- Ability to blend commercial awareness with passion and creative flair;
- Energetic and keen to meet the challenges of contributing to a dynamic, highly entrepreneurial environment;
- Ability to work closely with other departments and senior managers to achieve commercial and creative objectives; and
- A great sense of humour and fun!!
In addition to a competitive salary based on skills and experience, as an employee at Black Sun, you will have access to a range of great benefits and perks, including:
- Holidays – Upon joining, you’ll be eligible for 25 days’ holiday per year (pro-rated if you join mid-year). An additional ‘bonus’ day is awarded for each year worked at Black Sun, up to a maximum of 2 extra days.
- Bonus Scheme – We operate an annual bonus scheme for all our employees to enable everyone to share in our success when the company achieves its financial targets.
- Personal Development Plans – We believe that the more successful we are in developing our people, the more rewarding and successful our business will become. As an employee at Black Sun, you’ll have access to an extensive suite of training through our ‘Full Circle Talent Development Programme’ to help you develop the skills to progress your career and be successful in your role.
- Group Life Assurance – On joining Black Sun you will be insured under our Group Life Assurance Scheme.
- Group Personal Pension Plan – After three months at Black Sun, you will be enrolled on the Company’s group personal pension scheme. The Company will contribute 3% of salary to the pension scheme and you will need to contribute a minimum of 5%.
- Employee Assistance Programme – You and your family will have access to a confidential 24/7 helpline, providing you with a range of services including counselling, financial/debt management, family and childcare advice.
- Payroll Giving – Black Sun operates a Payroll Giving scheme which enables you to donate through your payroll to any charity or voluntary organisation within the UK. The donation is made from your gross pay, enabling the charity to benefit from Gift Aid.