About the Role:
We are expanding our pool of talented Designers within the Global Design Team with a new role at associate level. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the future design of the English Language Teaching (ELT) group.
We are looking for people who enjoy solving problems with design and deliver original and well thought out solutions. You will be involved in a wide range of projects across multiple channels working with teams in Cambridge and across the globe.
We encourage curiosity, exploration and self-development and truly believe inspired people create their best work. This is a great time to join our growing team of creatives and make a mark on projects from start to finish.
You are a talented designer with an understanding of how design can be used to create great customer experiences. You will be able to demonstrate knowledge of design thinking with a great understanding and appreciation of print/digital design with a keen interest and focus in multi-media design.
You understand design as a high-value service and are committed to delivering nothing but the best.
- Design new and exciting multi-media experiences including AR, animations, video content and more
- Research new and emerging media and digital design and bring new solutions to the team for development
- Designing engaging, original, functional and consistent solutions that align to the design strategy and enhance our products
- Contributing to information architecture refinement, be involved in interaction design, measure and optimise solutions to improve usability, take over prototyping and testing and create the best user experience for our customers
- Liaising with stakeholders and comfortably act as the voice of the user, while balancing between user needs and business requirements
- Designing experiences and assets for various channels including websites, apps, social media, email and more
- Work with the team to create a series of UI assets and UX artefacts ranging from rough sketches to pixel-perfect clickable prototypes. Test. Iterate.
- Supporting the team by refining and evolving processes and products for a variety of outputs and contribute to the team’s development by bringing new ideas and solutions to the table
To be successful in this role we are looking for you to hold the following skills and knowledge:
- Some experience designing for in-house or agency including creating cross-platform, responsive user interfaces
- End-to-end design experience with a focus in strong multi-media skills
- Highly creative with the ability to own projects from the initial concept stage to delivery
- Genuinely empathic, happy to ask for help and give help to others
- Excellent at organising your time and presenting your work
- Highly collaborative team player with a positive, can-do attitude
- Understanding of key design tools, such as Sketch, Axure, inVision or similar would be beneficial
- Amazing portfolio of work demonstrating your process
Please include a link to your portfolio in your covering letter to be considered for interview
Why Cambridge University Press?
We have over 2,500 talented employees across 50 international offices uniting all our publishing groups. We’re one of the world’s most respected publisher, driven by the purpose of unlocking people’s potential with the best learning and research solutions. We work in global teams to tackle the big issues, raise education standards, and deliver innovative solutions to learners and researchers.
Cambridge University Press is committed to being a diverse and inclusive place to work. We are part of the University of Cambridge, committed in its pursuit of academic excellence to equality of opportunity and to a pro-active and inclusive approach to equality. We are also a global organisation, serving customers and representing colleagues all over the world. Diversity, in all its various forms, is key to our success as an organisation.
Our benefits include group personal pension and free life assurance, an inclusive and flexible working environment comprising of 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays), on-site fitness facilities, and many more. Furthermore, our Cambridge office is just a 10 minutes’ walk from the train station.
Please include a link to your portfolio, including animation and media design, in your covering letter to be considered for interview.