We’re Charlie and we’re on a mission to equip thousands of small companies to deliberately craft their culture every day. We build products that have all the warmth of a human, all the hard stuff made simple, and to leave nobody behind.
We believe in making work better – for ourselves and for our customers; that means giving Product Designers a tremendous amount of autonomy, ownership and flexibility, continuously improving our practices, fostering an open feedback culture where we can all learn and grow, and surrounding ourselves with amazing people.
Come and help us on our journey to make work better!
In this role you will:
- Work closely in a cross-functional team with 1 Product Manager, 1 other designer and 2-3 software developers to deliver projects from start to finish
- Spend time with our customers to understand their needs and desires and act as a user’s advocate within your cross-functional team.
- Propose, test and refine designs until they deliver predicted outcomes
- Measure the impact of your work, adapting when we’ve missed the mark
- Participate in weekly cross-team design meetings and critique other designers’ work
- Collaborate with Design Function to craft experiences that people love, remember and recommend
- Elevate our user experience and design system to the highest standards
- 2+ years end-to-end Digital Product Design experience across UX and UI
- A strong appetite for user research
- A willingness to get uncomfortable and humility to ask / give feedback
- An energetic, honest, and respectful communication style
Let us know if you have (desirable but not required!):
- Experience from working with product managers and software developers in a cross-functional team doing agile software development and product discovery
- Experience in leading user research sessions
- Understanding of Job-to-Be-Done research
- SaaS or B2B Product experience
- Participated in a significant product pivot
- Familiarity with Behavioural Design
We’re on a mission to Make Work Better and firmly believe that it starts with building a diverse, inclusive and equal organisation. We strongly encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply including people from ethnic minorities, women, people from disadvantaged socio-economic backgrounds, LGBTQ+ individuals, gender-nonconforming people and individuals with disabilities.
- Salary from £35,500 to £43,500 based on your level within our progression framework
- £500 yearly learning budget
- Equity options
- Flexible working hours
- Access to Spill, a message-based therapy service
- Remote events to get to know the wider team
- “Personal days” for wellbeing
- £30 monthly wellbeing budget
- Monthly “Exploration Days” when you can work on whatever
- Bike to work scheme
This is a permanent full-time role. We cannot offer visa sponsorship and you must be able to work in London.