Who we are
MADE.COM is a fun, modern, contemporary furniture brand. We believe that everyone should have access to great design so we work directly with designers and manufacturers to offer high-end furniture at attractive prices. We combine our individual passions and skills to create innovative work that’s as exciting and unconventional as the business itself. It’s a place where all ideas are listened to, where brainstorming means job titles get left at the door and where a self-starter can really make their mark.
We’re looking for an experienced 2D Motion Graphic Designer who loves social media; lives in Instagram and posts all day. You will play a key role in our creative team to bring the MADE.COM brand to life through moving image and social media campaigns.
This role is fast paced, varied and an excellent opportunity if you are excited by the evolution of social media and enjoy learning new things and exploring new formats. If Instagram is your life and you have great After Effects skills, this is the job for you.
- Collaborate with the creative team to develop engaging ideas for our seasonal campaigns and paid and organic social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest)
- Be as autonomous as possible whilst adhering to brand guidelines
- Able to develop end-to-end content creation, from storyboard through to hands on editing and animation/motion design
- Be aware of technical requirements like file size optimisation while editing specifically for each social media / website channel
- Research and experiment with new approaches / techniques to stay ahead of trends in social media
- Drive creative concepting with senior members of our inhouse Social and Design teams to help plan our social content calendar, while always thinking about share-ability, and best-in-class creative.
- Proven experience creating 2D motion design for social media
- Expert level of After Effects, Premiere and core creative software from Adobe Creative Suite
- Extensive knowledge of video/motion formats across the key social platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Kinetic typography ability
- Advanced animation experience
- Proficiency in video editing and a strong sense of narrative
- Creative problem solving expertise while adhering to brand guidelines and technical requirements
- Culturally clued up and immersed in social media culture, understanding what a millennial-minded audience loves to watch and engage with on social platforms
- Not afraid to try new things and push creative boundaries
What we offer
- Great opportunities to make the role your own and get involved with exciting projects in a fast-paced, creative and fun office environment.
- We’re proud of our diverse, supportive company and culture. Our very own in-house Culture Club plans a variety of activities from our annual parties, Friday drinks, social events and more.
- Temptingly good employee discounts on MADE.com (30% for you and 15% for your family & friends).
- 25 days holiday per year (on top of bank holidays), plus an extra holiday day every year, served up to a ceiling of 30 days.
- We know that flexibility is important. Our Everyday Flex policy enables you to determine your start and finish times, and we’re open to discussing other flexible working arrangements too.
- Free, unlimited access to over 13,000 eLearning courses to support your development.
- We believe it’s important to give back, so we give you one paid day off each year to get involved in any community or charity volunteering activity of your choice.
- Excellent employee benefits including private healthcare (with discounted gym membership), pension, life insurance, eyecare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan to name but a few.
How to apply
Up your street? Apply for the opportunity to join our growing team in the heart of Shoreditch!
PLEASE APPLY WITH YOUR PORTFOLIO. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A PORTFOLIO AND COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MADE is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone’s voices are heard. We respect and value all differences (seen and unseen) and encourage applications from all backgrounds, which will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age.