About the role:
We are expanding our team of talented Designers within the Global Design Team with a new role at mid-senior level. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the future design of the Education group.
We are looking for someone who enjoys solving problems with design and delivers original and well thought out solutions. You will be involved in a wide range of projects across multiple channels working with teams in Cambridge and across the globe.
We encourage curiosity, exploration and self-development and truly believe inspired people create their best work. This is a great time to join our growing team of creatives and make a mark on projects from start to finish.
Key accountabilities include:
- Continued development of design in established Education products, providing new ideas always looking forward in terms of innovation and design solutions.
- Perform quality-control checks on screen design and front-end code to maintain the high design standards required by the business.
- Assist the Global UX Manager by commissioning a variety of designs from suppliers, ensuring briefs are fulfilled on time, within budget and in line with the design strategy.
- To act as design advisor within the department, supporting different areas of the business, providing guidelines and templates, technical support for assessing design, artwork and photography, working with superiors to ensure consistency across design delivery.
- Supporting the Associate UX Designer, acting as a role model to assist in the development of a highly effective, energised team environment, keeping up to date with emerging trends and creative tools and share regularly with the team encouraging development.
- To set a gold-standard in customer research practices and ways of working. Running research experiments and managing relationships with customers.
If you are excited by what you have read above and are interested in this opportunity, please take a look at the job description attached for more information.
You are a talented UX designer with an understanding of how design can be used to create great customer experiences. You will be able to demonstrate expert knowledge of design thinking with a good appreciation of print/digital design. Experience in working with suppliers in a collaborative manner, negotiating costs and assessing levels of service and quality of work provided.
You understand design as a high-value service and are committed to delivering nothing but the best.
You will hold experience designing for in-house or agency including creating cross-platform, responsive user interfaces and end-to-end-UX design experience with strong UI skills
You will be highly creative with the ability to own projects from the initial concept stage to delivery
You will be competent in using key design tools, such as Creative Suite CC, with knowledge of Figma is advantageous.
You are excellent at organising your time and presenting your work. You are a highly collaborative team player with a positive, can-do attitude
Why Cambridge University Press?
We have over 2,500 talented employees across 50 international offices uniting all our publishing groups. We’re one of the world’s most respected publisher, driven by the purpose of unlocking people’s potential with the best learning and research solutions. We work in global teams to tackle the big issues, raise education standards, and deliver innovative solutions to learners and researchers
Cambridge University Press is committed to being a diverse and inclusive place to work. We are part of the University of Cambridge, committed in its pursuit of academic excellence to equality of opportunity and to a pro-active and inclusive approach to equality. We are also a global organisation, serving customers and representing colleagues all over the world. Diversity, in all its various forms, is key to our success as an organisation.
Our benefits include group personal pension and free life assurance, an inclusive and flexible working environment comprising of 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays), on-site fitness facilities, and many more. Furthermore, our Cambridge office is just a 10 minutes’ walk from the train station.
To apply, please use the buttons on this post and if you have any questions or queries, please contact us on email@example.com
Please provide a link to your portfolio with the application and include a cover letter explaining why you would like to work with us.
The closing date for this role is 11th October 2020.