We Make Websites are a Shopify Plus only agency with offices in New York and London. Our team of 60+ design and develop ecommerce sites for some of the world’s largest companies. Brands including: Hasbro, Crabtree & Evelyn, BBC, Aarmy, Paul Valentine, David Beckham Eyewear, Bulletproof, Revant Optics, Missoma, Harper Collins and The Economist.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a remote Freelance Digital / Ecommerce Designer, you’ll be working as part of a cross-functional team of Developers, Product Owners, and Agile Scrum Masters, to design best-in-class ecommerce websites on Shopify Plus.
This is a critical part of our production team, responsible for pushing the user experience forward and making key decisions on design through every stage of the process. We’re looking for a creative person with a great eye for design and a can-do attitude.
You will have excellent research and problem-solving skills. You’ll also have experience creating compelling customer journeys that help clients deliver relevant and engaging customer experiences that maximize conversions and drive sales. Most importantly, you’ll have an astute ability to articulate and justify your design decisions, whilst drawing on customers and team members to iteratively refine ideas and prototypes.
Experience within luxury fashion and ecommerce design is preferable.
- Create ecommerce designs with a mobile-first approach for a diverse range of forward-thinking brands.
- Work closely with the Design & UX Manager to design best-in-class ecommerce experiences.
- Document intended functionality, behaviours and interactions in collaboration with the project team to produce a technical specification.
- Seeking ways to enhance the ecommerce experience of our websites – focusing on mobile and responsive design.
- Proactively pushing the level of quality in both thinking and execution.
- Collaborating with our development team to create high-quality front-ends that function beautifully on all devices.
- Working with Product Owners and Scrum Masters to deliver design work on time and within budget.
- Presenting your work to clients alongside the Product Owner, explaining user journeys to multiple stakeholders.
- Performing design reviews on your projects to ensure the quality of build matches
- what you and the client envisaged.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You’ll have 3+ years experience working as either an Ecommerce Designer or Web Designer.
- You’ll have expert knowledge of Figma or Sketch.
- You’ll have strong knowledge of UX/UI with experience in wireframing customer journeys and prototyping.
- You’ll have a sound understanding of cross-browser, SEO, accessibility and usability design for the web.
- Pixel perfect attention to detail and a sense of pride and ownership over quality.
- You’ll have a keen interest in ecommerce and the types of clients we attract: fashion, lifestyle, beauty, food, and innovative FMCG.
- You’ll relish the chance to help our clients solve challenging problems.
- You’ll be organized and have excellent attention to detail.
- You will be passionate about all things tech, digital and design.
- You’ll be comfortable with the concept of change and working in a fast-paced environment.
- You’ll have exceptional communication skills and be comfortable discussing your work with team members and clients.
- You’ll be a smart, proactive, fast-learning team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude!
Bonus points if you have…
- Experience with Shopify or a similar ecommerce platform (Magento, Woocommerce, Demandware, Hybris).
- Experience designing ecommerce websites. You’ll have a good understanding of common ecommerce UX patterns.
- Relevant experience in an agency or in-house and/or a degree in digital media design (or similar)
- Although this is not a development role, knowledge of LIQUID (Shopify’s templating language) would be a bonus.
** A note about Covid-19: To ensure the safety of our team, we’re currently operating as a fully remote company. We will reopen the office when we feel it’s safe to do so, giving people the option to work fully in-office, fully remote or some combination of the two.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
No recruiters, please.
Apply using the button and take a big step forward in your career.
Applications should include portfolios that showcase a strong selection of responsive, desktop/tablet/mobile landing pages, ecommerce design and app design.