At Vollebak we use science and technology to create clothing that no-one else can or will – clothes from the future. Since our launch four years ago, we’ve won innovation awards from TIME, WIRED and Fast Company, and have been compared to Tesla and elBulli for our radical commitment to what comes next. We’re a high-growth ecommerce brand with a reputation for exceptional customer experience and design across everything we do, and we’re now looking for a talented and ambitious Graphic Designer to join our team.
Working in close partnership with our Co-founder/Chief Creative Officer, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the ongoing delivery of world-class print and digital design across the Vollebak brand. We’re looking for someone with an instinctive understanding of our design approach, who works quickly but always to a high standard, and thrives as part of a small, highly creative and collaborative team. The successful candidate will be equally happy working to tight design specs as they are responding to highly creative design briefs.
The role will involve:
- producing designs for packaging and marketing materials including catalogues, press ads and billboard posters
- creating care labels and other brand assets that will be incorporated into Vollebak products
- developing design concepts to support groundbreaking innovations and brand activity such as our Garbage Watch or our Frontiers white paper on the future
- preparing imagery for new product launches – this involves detailed retouching work in Photoshop and is time-intensive but critical to achieving high-impact product launches
- working with the Chief Creative Officer to document and formalise design guidelines
- developing efficient systems and processes around how we create, store and distribute design assets.
The experience and skills we’re looking for include:
- a degree or postgraduate qualification in graphic design, visual communication or a related field
- commercial experience at junior to midweight level
- expert user across the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, with particular strength in image retouching in Photoshop
- very high attention to detail
- a sound understanding of design processes and experience in seeing projects through from concept to completion
- a clear and confident communicator both in writing and in person, with excellent all-round interpersonal skills
- an intelligent learner who welcomes constructive feedback and direction
- a self-starter with an organised approach to work, with the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
- able to stay focused and calm when working to tight deadlines.
This is a permanent, full-time position available for immediate start, with a competitive salary based on experience, 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays) and a company pension and benefits package.
Our office is in central London and we have a relaxed working environment. We are open to flexible working and everyone in our team is welcome to combine office-based and remote working.
Please apply by email with a CV and a link to your online portfolio, along with a brief covering note outlining your interest in joining the Vollebak team.