Echo Design, a fourth-generation American company, is a New York City based industry leader in the design, marketing, and distribution of fashion and home accessories in North America and globally. The company was founded in 1923, on the wedding day of its founders. What began with just a scarf has grown to include multiple brands in multiple categories. Building upon core strengths in print, pattern and colour, Echo continues to evolve, always focused on respect for the consumer, each other, and on our global trading and manufacturing partners. After nine decades, Echo remains a dynamic and innovative company.
You’ll be responsible for creative collateral for the ECHO brand, across all consumer touchpoints (traditional, social and digital). We’ll want you to be a creative and collaborative individual who can bring new ideas to the table, all while maintaining the day-to-day needs of the brand.
We would love you to think creatively, conceptually, and critically, following strategic direction of the Sr. Marketing Director. You’ll work closely with the VP of Communications and Director of Creative Services and E-Commerce as well as the Design Directors and Product Development. You’ll also work with external partners on production, social and digital to develop a consistent aesthetic and grow Echo’s brand awareness.
EXAMPLE DAILY TASKS
Responsible for graphic design of original, creative content for all digital needs – emails, web banners, social/retargeting ads (b2b & b2c)
Uploading and scheduling of emails in ESP (Listrak) to segmented lists
Design and uploading of website assets and curation of product images for on-site visual storytelling, working with Director of Ecommerce Operations and IT team as needed for larger site revisions.
Enhance, retouch, format and manipulate digital images according to various end-needs
Produce print collateral including ads, look-books, signage, mailers, counter cards, hangtags, packaging, and all other internal and external branding and marketing visuals
Perform brand research, create layouts, sketches, mock-ups and other materials to help illustrate specific concepts and encourage constructive communication
Involvement in campaign, E-commerce and social photoshoots:
Align looks through brand pillars and aesthetic
Assist with photo production needs (create shot lists, mood boards, styling, retouching)
Work with external partner on Instagram content and brand tone/imagery
Work with VP Communications on creating external collateral for PR pitching, inclusive but not limited to press kits, concept decks, event invitations and other press collateral
Responsible for adhering to a visual consistency and high standards for brand throughout all communication material
- 3 years graphic design experience
- Strong work ethic and a sharp eye for detail and accuracy
- Exhibit strong conceptual thinking for web and print design
- Must be able to work independently, as well as take direction from other departments
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet all deadlines
- Exhibit an openness to adopt, learn and embrace newly emerging technologies
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro) as well as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of working with email service providers and Ecomm platforms with a general understanding of web development a plus. Experience with Shopify a plus.
- Employ basic understanding of motion graphics software like Flash, Ajax, After Effects, and 3D-animation programs
- Positive, proactive, problem solving attitude, passionate about bringing new ideas and creative solutions to the table
brought to you by our friends at opentheblackdoor.com