Join us and design a better future.
We are driven by creativity and a collective passion for making beautiful, original brands that transform organisations and challenge the norm. At DixonBaxi we make creative work for ourselves, the people we work with and the people they want to inspire.
We’re looking for a Design Director to join our ranks.
This is a role for an established and respected international brand creator who lives and breathes design, typography, colour theory, and composition. You won’t rest until the idea, design or artwork is right – you are driven by creativity.
You will work closely with strategists, creative directors, copywriters, motion designers and producers to translate marketing and brand strategies into creative work that is beautiful, intelligent and robust.
Pivotal to the role is leadership, experimentation and hands-on creating across mediums. Proactive and great team player, you work with the rest of the team to breathe new life into existing brands and create brave new ones. You will make your mark by shaping our projects and team, leading pitches and helping set our course to success.
Skills & Responsibilities:
You think big and innovate. Are not bound by convention. You are brimming with originality, new creative ideas and approaches, bringing them to projects and our studio life.
You have industry experience working with challenger brands, making a real mark and shaping their direction.
You’re a team player, positive and able to work well with designers and other team members. You have led projects from start to finish and managed project teams.
You’re adaptable and can to work across multiple projects while remaining flexible through multiple revisions and keeping keen attention to detail.
You’re proactive and can manage your time effectively.
• Collaborate with the strategy team to form strong opinions and ideas based on a brief.
• Have a fluid and effortless approach to the creative process. You work quickly to a goal with a vision.
• Lead client feedback calls and meetings.
• Lead pitches to success.
• Creatively lead 2 or more simultaneous projects.
• Lead project reviews.
• Bring unexpected, original ideas to every project and fight for them to be executed.
• Be responsible for delivering the promised creative.
• Shape the team. Set parameters. Work with production to plan effective projects.
• Shake the methodology up. Keep things fresh. Instigate new ways of thinking and ideation.
What we offer:
A competitive salary range based on experience.
Benefits include extra holiday entitlement for long service, regular performance reviews, pension scheme, an all-expenses-paid cultural weekend for two & our DixonBaxi family Friday lunches.