- Create accurate artwork with brand consistency across multi-channel deliverables
- Deliver artwork on time and to schedule
- You will take creative design from the lead concept and rework the design to create a complete item or document to exacting standards. This includes insuring colour and typography is consistent, layouts and fonts are correct and ensuring the file is print or digital ready.
- You will be meticulous with a keen eye for detail and your understanding of branding principles ensures River Island is presented in a consistent way across all channels, including our product.
- You have in-depth technical knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and share this freely with the members of your team, mentoring and leading them in the delivery of assets. If work is not correct, you’ll be skilled at giving constructive feedback which keeps them excited about the project and motivated to get it just right.
- Edit and prepare print ready artwork across a range of media including in-store point of sale, window decals, flyers and advertisements etc. Artworking of digital content for web, social posts and paid media channels.
- Prepare production ready artwork for product branding including neck labels, swing tickets and garment graphics
- Sign-off day-to-day projects, ensuring a consistently high standard is met on schedule with consistency across all touchpoints. Keep the Project Manager abreast of all project developments, allowing for changes or amendments.
- Develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders and clients to understand their requirements and provide excellent customer service.
- Work closely with the Project Manager and Traffic Coordinators effectively manage workloads within agreed timescales. Assign and manage the team’s day-to-day output; working to an artworker’s strengths whilst challenging them to grow in their roles. You may need to brief freelance support when necessary.
- There may be times where you are required to produce mock-ups and design visuals to aid in pitches and proposals.
Skills and Abilities:
- 3 + years artworking experience.
- Must have great attention to detail with experience in setting up files for both print and digital output
- Experience in translating and adhering to brand guidelines.
- Communicate clearly, accurately and confidently
- Proactive and able to take initiative
- Experience in management of artwork collateral.
- Be confident with clients, and have a consistent record of taking, interpreting and delivering design projects in both print and digital, within very tight timeframes.
- Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – principally InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Understanding of CSS, HTML and other coding languages a plus.
- Experience in Sketch and Invision a plus