he Senior Designer will be responsible for bringing our brand to life and driving creative excellence in design, across print and digital platforms. With first class design skills and knowledge, you will influence and inspire our designers – staff, freelance and agency – to ensure all projects are delivered on time, to a consistently high standard, are on brand and within budget.
You will be an excellent all-rounder working with colleagues across the charity to take a range of projects through from concept to completion and lead on the ongoing improvement of the way our design function works.
Interview Date: 12-17 December 2019
Reporting to the Senior Creative Manager, you’ll provide creative direction to designers while supporting their professional growth and inspire them to push themselves creatively and embrace change.
- You’ll deliver excellent design for a range of outputs, ensuring all outputs are of the highest standard and supporting the Senior Creative Managers in raising the quality of work and efficiency of our design team.
- You’ll work closely with our Brand specialists, acting as a Guardian and a Champion and supporting the wider Brand and Creative team synergic function.
- You’ll oversee creative processes, identifying opportunities and challenges in working with other teams, and delivering improvements to existing ways of working through the team, ensuring they are simple, clear and concise.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a creative with strong direction and leadership skills and a highly inspired and well thought through portfolio.
- They will have solid experience in designing within brand guidelines, possibly acquired working across various design fields.
- They will be proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud and able to work with little supervision and as part of a team, to deliver innovative and impactful print and digital projects from concept to final execution.
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience of overseeing the work of other creatives ensuring it delivers high standard, on-brand and effective solutions to a variety of briefs.
- They will be expert in managing a busy print and digital workload and production schedule to deadlines and within budget.
- They will be confident in effectively managing internal and external stakeholders at all levels and possess experience in working closely with freelancers, agencies and external suppliers and contractors.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan (on completion of your probation period)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren’t available until you’ve passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
About the Company
Diabetes is the most devastating and fastest growing health crisis of our time. There are currently 3.8 million people in the UK diagnosed with diabetes, and 1 million more with undiagnosed Type 2.
We are working to make sure that those affected by diabetes get the best care and support they need to live well with their condition and avoid life-changing complications. We’re leading the way by funding critical research, improving healthcare and treatment so we can reach our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Diabetes UK staff are motivated and experienced and extremely passionate about helping people affected by diabetes. We have been fighting for people with diabetes for more than 80 years and changed millions of lives thanks to the new treatments, technology and policy changes we’ve been behind.
But there’s more to do. And you can be part of it.
We’re a diverse bunch and as a charity we recognise and respect the value of everyone.
We’ve recently been awarded a One Star Accreditation status by Best Companies. And this year we were named 65th in the top 100 not-for-profit organisations in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For list.
We’re committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expect all staff and volunteers to actively support this commitment.
We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm. If you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?