Want to explore a new creative frontier?
We’re an interactive studio in Bristol creating touchscreen and interactive experiences for global brands with ambitions to be a leading interactive studio.
This is a fast-moving, dynamic and exciting space with huge potential for you, and us, as clients scramble to create incredible interactive experiences for their customers.
We work with ambitious global brands who expect exceptional creative work and who want to stand out. So, we’re looking for a creative developer to join our core team and work alongside designers and developers focusing on the front-end of our applications.
We’re looking for someone to not only work hands-on with projects, from concept to delivery but also to help develop and grow the studio and our brand.
You’ll have the creative freedom to push boundaries and create experiences that few other agencies have the luxury to do, or, who turn to us to develop.
As we’re a small team we’re looking for someone who’s motivated and inspiring to be around. You’ll need to push boundaries and be way ahead of the game on latest tech and innovations and you’ll be given the creative freedom and time to achieve this. You’ll also get all the training, mentoring and development you need.
You’ll be in charge of creative design and developing experiences which make people stop in their tracks and go ‘Wow, this is some cool s**t’.
We generally create:
• PWAs (progressive web applications) in Vue JS
• SPAs (single page applications) in Vue JS
• Responsive static microsites and web tools in HTML, CSS and JS
Our applications often support screen sizes from mobile all the way up to 4K, and you’ll be using a functional CSS (a.k.a atomic / utility first) approach to styling using Tachyons. This approach makes for very efficient front-end dev, consistency in authoring style across multiple developers and projects and results in fast loading, highly readable, 100% responsive interfaces with as little CSS as possible.
You’ll be working on live projects from the start – from brief and pitch to creating initial concepts, interactive wireframes, storyboards, user flows, mood boards, final design through to developing the final experiences with interactions both physical and digital, animation and motion.
These are the kind of things we’re looking for from you
• An ability to translate our clients’ ideas, content and brand into visually powerful and immersive experiences
• A passion to develop the POPcomms brand
• A desire to learn and explore new creative tools specifically for creating touchscreen experiences e.g., Ventuz
• Mastery of Adobe CC packages and prototyping tools such as Figma, XD or InVision etc.
• You’ll want to challenge conventional design rules and think outside of a static grid
• Strong time management skills and commercial awareness
• Be tenaciously proactive and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Be able to inspire the studio and mentor junior designers and developers
• You want to create things, solve complex problems and you strive for simplicity over complexity
• You always want to learn new things, whether you are learning about heart surgery, Gaming, IoT technology, Advanced Engineering, Architecture or a new coding methodology
• You’ll need some proficiency with the more data-driven, logical parts of the applications, be able to build out your own templates, route and manipulate data for desired use cases, and work with state management
Other things that are useful:
• Knowledge of Greensock, including Timeline and SVG Morph
• Experience with REST APIs
• Version control (Git)
• PHP, MySQL and/or GraphQL (you could help with back-end and CMS)
• UNIX environments, bash (you could help with DevOps)
Part of the package….
• Full training and personal development fund
• Competitive salary (based on experience)
• Adhoc bonus (incl. financial & extra days off)
• 22 days’ holiday
• Day off for birthday
• Agency outings, evenings and ‘research’ trips
• And, most important of all we have a pool table and a beer fridge!