I have a brief for a senior designer at an award winning branding agency in Shoreditch. The company work with a range of sectors but specialise in high end international hospitality, F&B and hotel sectors. They are looking for someone that has both an experiential mindset, able to think about the bigger picture and suggest experiential ideas that fit the brand but also a designer that is good at typography and crafted work.
Bringing a genuine love of contemporary design, music and culture into everything you do there and filling the gaps in your cultural knowledge whenever you get the opportunity. They want designers to be interested and interesting both inside and outside of work so you can feed your influences into everything you do. Being on top of contemporary culture now and having a deeper understanding and appreciation of visual arts history is perhaps the single most important thing for this role.
Leading a middleweight designer, you will be responsible for creating collateral and executing concepts from the direction of their design director. They create anything and everything on any given day. So one day it could be visualising the atmosphere for a Michelin-starred restaurant, another day it could be designing the website for a wealth management fund. If you’re up for a creative challenge, and getting experience of every medium in one job, this is the place for you.
What you will need:
– A proven track record of creating timeless, pure design that is not driven by trend
– 4-7 years experience working as an established senior designer in a creative practice
– Experience working with freelance, middleweight and junior designers and a genuine desire to mentor and motivate them
– The ability to find and execute a creative concept at the highest possible level across multiple touchpoints
– An unrelenting work ethic that is driven to create design that goes above and beyond client expectations
– A concious understanding and curiosity of the impact the work we create has on the wider world
– A strong portfolio of experimental, conceptually driven projects across sectors
– To always have the end-user, and practicality in mind in all your work. Our designs are never just a veneer, they should always be driven by a reason
– A love of digital and trying out new types of technology whenever you get the opportunity
– A real love and understanding of typography and layout, and a drive to make it a key and ever-improving feature of your work
– Strong art direction capabilities and the desire to embed this as a key feature of the work you create
– The ability to visualise a creative concept using photography from a vast reference pool of current contemporary culture, not stock image libraries
– Detail obsessed
– Experience in the international hospitality, F+B and hotel sectors. Not essential, but a big plus.