Who We Are
QUINTESSENTIALLY BRITISH; DISTINCTLY GLOBAL.
At Ted Baker, we know what it means to be a truly forward-thinking designer brand. From the iconic props in our shops, to the delightful details and thoughtful touches which set us apart from the crowd. These are the qualities we see brought to life in our People.We look for courageous thought leaders who constantly strive for excellence. Driven by their curiosity and boundless creativity; who know that refinement and a good witticism aren’t mutually exclusive. Our People are subject matter experts, ready to pave the way for their team to achieve new levels of success – and just as importantly, joy..
Reporting to the Print Design Manager, this role will be responsible for working on the design and production of the Men’s & Women’s print collections each season, managing the print strike off process from creation of print to Salesman samples within given deadlines. The Junior designer will have strong art-working skills to generate repeat and placement prints & graphics which are on brand and trend relevant.
- Manage print spec process from creation of Print spec to Salesman Sample meterage, reviewing all strike offs for colour & base quality.
- Able to spec, create ‘Print Packs’ and translate & communicate print artworks to factories on a daily basis
- Liase with print mills & suppliers on a daily basis to answer queries, chase in strike offs, send colour comments and ensure deadlines are met.
- Managing department administration to maintain efficient running of the department.
- Excellent knowledge of different print techniques & processes essential
- Ensure clear and detailed handover is given to production at final SMS stage to ensure they have all relevant knowledge to take product from SMS to bulk production.
- Strong Art-working skills required to put prints into repeat and create engineered Placement print artworks
- Show strength in visualising print & graphic designs for relevant and trend-led end use
- Strong broad print handwriting – good hand drawing/painting/illustrating/graphic design skills required
- Assist print designers in art-working prints for Men’s, Women’s, Accs & licensee print collections
- Strong skills in designing placement prints and Graphics for t-shirts and sweats
- Able to generate focused trend and inspirational research
TOOLS OF THE TRADE
- A good attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- A background in design with advanced Skills in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator essential
- Intermediate/Advanced level of Microsoft Excel
- Strong & diverse hand drawing/illustrating skills
- Additional proficiency in PLM system is a plus
- Drive, enthusiasm and passion for retail
- Willingness to work on admin and design tasks
- Ability to be self-sufficient, flexible, proactive and enjoy being hands on
- Ability to be a team player and develop a strong relationship with members of different teams to apply the best work practice
At Ted we offer a range of benefits to keep you well including our healthcare scheme, access to Aviva’s wellbeing app to track your fitness goals and assistance from the Retail Trust when you need a little help with life’s ups and downs. If you want to cycle to work, you can join our tax-free cycle scheme or if getting the train is more your thing then we’ll help with an interest free loan for an annual ticket.We want you to share in Ted’s success, so we’ll invite you to join our corporate bonus scheme. For your longer-term financial wellbeing we’ll pay into a pension scheme for you with Aviva.And finally, we want you to enjoy wearing Ted! We have a fantastic team discount scheme offering you a 75% employee discount, a friends and family discount scheme and the opportunity to shop in our fantastic onsite sample shop.
Ted Baker is committed to equal opportunities and embraces diversity, understanding the needs and benefits of a balanced, inclusive workforce. We do not tolerate any harassment or discrimination towards any of our candidates or employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.