Job in summary:
Location: Bath UK
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
With exciting plans for growth in 2023, we’re looking for a Senior Designer with a passion for branding to join our award-winning team.
About the role
As Senior Designer, you will report to our Head of Creative and help to shape the creative output of the studio. You will work predominantly on brand design, from concept through to activation, helping our clients to build new, refresh old and maintain existing brand identities. As we’re a small, integrated team, you will get to work across the board from strategy through to creative campaign development. The role will eventually involve people management as our team grows, though not for the foreseeable future.
- Help our Head of Creative and Art Director to set the standard of design and creativity for the business.
- Use ideas and your design craft to create strategic, versatile and enduring brand identities and other brand comms including marketing and social content.
- Day-to-day you’ll be a hands-on member of the team, delivering work to the highest standard.
- Present your work to internal and external stakeholders.
- Help to mentor the creative team and provide a constant source of inspiration, positivity and encouragement.
- Lead by example; have courage in your convictions and be accountable.
- Be constantly curious.
Your skills and experience
You’ll be a visual thinker and creative problem solver bringing passion and enthusiasm to everything you do. You’re full of ideas yet methodical in your approach and you’ll have experience in developing brands for organisations of all sizes and sectors, as well as a portfolio full of beautiful, intelligent design. You’re able to get the best out of people and talk about your work—at any stage of the creative process—with clarity and confidence. As well as the above, we’re looking for the following skills:
- 6+ years experience working in an agency environment.
- A master of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in pitching your ideas to internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience in developing visual brand identities from concept through to final delivery, across multiple touchpoints.
- The ability to generate, define and develop ideas and to bring them to life.
- Experience of leading projects and people.
- Knowledge of web design would be desirable but not essential.
About Agency UK
- We’re an award-winning, integrated brand communications agency. Privately owned, proudly independent and B-Corp Certified.
- We work with clients we believe in, helping them grow and better connect with their audiences. We have a depth of experience in both the B2C and B2B sectors, working with clients in the UK and internationally, across food, drink, pet brands, education and public services.
- We’re a friendly bunch and enjoy spending time together with regular opportunities for learning and development as well as socialising. Our local community and charities are important to us and we’re always doing our bit to help—we even have our own bee hives!
- We’ve won a few awards too:
- Number 1 Brand Strategy Agency Winner 2020 (under 40 staff) by The Drum Recommends.
- Number 1 Advertising Agency Winner 2019 (under 40 staff) by The Drum Recommends.
- Ranked Independent Agency of the Year in 2015, 16, 17 by the Drum.
- D&AD Pencil Winner 2016 – the global mark of true creative excellence.
What We Offer
- Fair and competitive pay rate within the sector
- Company pension scheme
- 23 days of annual leave, with the option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- AXA healthcare with 24 hour GP on call service and 40% off national gym memberships
- Bike to work scheme
- Hybrid working: 3 days working from out central Bath office and 2 days working at home
- Enhanced maternity and paternity agreement
If you would like to work for a nimble, dynamic agency, then we would love to hear from you.
Agency UK is committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the community we represent.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community and encourage applications underrepresented backgrounds including race, ethnicity, social background, disability, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, or national origin. We shall support requirements for reasonable adjustment where possible during the recruitment process.
Information can be provided in alternative formats when requested.
Telephone: 01225 429 928
Address: AgencyUK, Units 2 and 5, The New Workshops, Beehive Yard, Bath, BA1 5BT