We are looking to appoint a hands-on, passionate, and creative Junior Creative / Creative Team Intern(s) to join our Design Pool team and support the Pentland Creative Agency team to drive buzz, curiosity and excitement about our Pentland Brands and products.
Pentland Brands: Pioneering Brands that Make Life Better
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the world’s most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, Ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience. We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.
Design Pool started over twenty years ago, it has nurtured more than 200 young creatives from across four continents – giving them a launch pad into various creative careers. Previous Design Pool graduates have gone on to find roles in our in-house creative agency, product design teams, and brand teams. Others have gone on to land positions in sought-after agencies and companies worldwide.
Design Pool helps young graduates develop their talents and understand how to apply them through live projects. It’s about preparing young talent for their future in a dynamic and supportive environment.
Design Pool is a place to build and broaden professional networks. The role is designed to harness talent and use it to be an additional resource to work alongside existing brand design teams, providing stimulation and an extra resource for a design team when needed. The aim is always for members of Design Pool to be offered a permanent role within Pentland brand.
We are looking for a dynamic motivated, highly organized individual with a super power to create cutting edge ideas and thinking. We want to tell beautiful stories about our brilliant brands, stories that bridge between creative communications and creative selling. You’ll have an innate knowledge of the key platforms and coupled with a passion for our brands, ensuring that they come to life across all touchpoints in ways that surprise and delight consumers, making our products irresistible and are utterly consistent.
Perhaps most importantly, you will be part of building a global culture of curiosity, craft and creative energy.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the members of the PCA Creative team in the ideation, concept development and delivery of creative brand and product comms across digital and physical channels from social media, website, content, Display, OOH and Print.
- Support with researching and ideating concepts from strategic creative brief to idea development.
- Supporting the PCA team and brand teams to create digital content that reaches our consumers in inspiring and engaging ways.
- Lead ideas that tell stories and drive a buzz around our brands and products help to embed them at the heart of culture and community.
- Support in creative ideation sessions bringing industry, category and cultural reference to the table
- Assist at both brand and studio photoshoots
- Think laterally about where to find our consumers and how best to reach them that will create noise and cut through in a competitive environment.
- Support with the day-to-day ad hoc creative challenges
- Assist at both brand and studio photoshoots
The must haves:
- A passion and relentless hunger to spin commercial opportunities into brilliant and original ideas.
- Experience creating and talking through concepts and ideas from scratch
- An good level of Adobe Creative Suite Skills.
- Experience using a variety of platforms, especially, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Great Team player
- Adaptable and flexible to working under pressure within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Great attention-to-detail, and a creative eye for design, photography, and art direction
- A can-do and enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to prioritise own workload and to work unsupervised
- Great relationship building skills to enable you to work cross functionally across teams
- Nice to have but not essential.
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Passion for sport and fashion
If this sounds like the perfect role, we’d love to hear from you.
How to apply:
Please sent your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org