The Senior Creative [EXPERIENTIAL] is the link between world class creative work and the entire agency team. Working alongside Account Service and Production leads, your laser focus is producing exceptionally polished, considered and detail-oriented creative design for live experiential projects, from ideation and concept through to delivery and execution.
If aspects of both experiential creative direction and experiential design light you up, then this position as Senior Creative of all things Experiential might just be calling your name.
You might be thinking ‘but what will I actually be doing?’ We’re so glad you asked. Simply put, this role is focused on ideating, conceiving, producing and delivering the creative for all of our live experiential live work in the UK. Brand activations, launches, special events, pop-ups, festivals, dinners, shows – you name it – any IRL live experiences that we’re working on for client projects, campaigns and launches – your aesthetic, style, vision and creative talent will play an integral part in developing that experience and bringing it to life.
What you bring to the table visually and creatively shapes the look, feel, image and outcomes for New Moon’s experiential live work in London. To succeed in this role, you will be responsible for the execution of multiple pieces of world class, award-winning, globally celebrated work annually. (We make it sound so simple, but we know it’s not!) Here’s what it takes to make that happen.
Your specific responsibilities in landing the work;
- Participation in new business briefings; interpreting the creative requirements within a brief or RFP and actively contributing to brainstorming and strategising what, how and who could bring it to life.
- Work in collaboration with the Account Service, Strategy and Production teams to develop pitch decks.
- Lead the ideation process when responding to new client briefs and pitch proposals for the London Office – inclusive of building out a comprehensive deck, planning a clear and compelling guest journey and creating strong visuals to express the theme and design of the event.
- Assist in the development of content capture briefs.
Your role in ideating and conceiving the work;
- Generate ideas and creative treatments that genuinely excite clients and make them expand their perceptions of what New Moon can do to help them achieve their goals, drive tangible results and create cultural legacy-building experiences for their communities and audience.
- Understand our clients’ business objectives and how those objectives relate to their target audience, while staying in tune to business issues and market considerations, particularly as it relates to the cultural arena that we are experts in, to assist in generating relevant creative ideas that truly move the needle in tangible, material ways.
- Bring a strategic approach to the ideation process so that the creative is not only aligned with the client’s immediate needs but also supports their overarching goals and vision, which in turn strengthens their relationship with us as a trusted partner
- Deft at anticipating potential challenges and obstacles that the creative presents and showing foresight in being able to pivot and problem-solve to preempt them
What you are accountable for when doing the work;
- Lead and follow through on the creative process of each project from concept through to execution, inclusive of *but not limited to); attending site visits, delegating effectively to appropriate 2D & 3D design resources, being nimble and responsive to changing client needs, budget considerations, production realities or logistic challenges, overseeing the creative execution onsite at live events.
- Work hand in hand with the Head of Production and Client Services Director to proactively identify resourcing bottlenecks and ensure all jobs have the correct creative resources to ensure seamless delivery of creative to the client.
- Actively develop a network of freelance creatives including art directors, illustrators, 2D designers, 3D renderers, set designers, content editors, photographers, videographers etc.
- Ensure all freelance creatives that are engaged are tracking hours and have confirmed rates to ensure best practice on managing costs tracking and margins on a project.
- Taking ownership and full accountability of all creative aspects of a project from start to finish, including the quality and cadence of deliverables, management of resources, budget management and profit margins.
THE INHERENT QUALITIES WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Radical collaboration; support a culture and environment that is conducive to collaboration, making sure all stakeholders are heard and respected, giving others the opportunity to participate and contribute in ways that inspire them.
- Big leadership energy; knowing the difference between management and leadership, understanding how to lead by example.
- An innovative spirit with willingness to try new approaches and ideas.
- You are genuinely curious about, and committed to, learning, growth and expansion as a person – not just as it relates to your career track.
- You are dialled into culture and have fostered your own interests and knowledge in key areas of the cultural landscape.
- Demonstrating humanity, empathy, compassion and patience with clients, peers, stakeholders and collaborators.
- Getting down to the nitty gritty, here’s the background you’ll need to have;
CRUCIAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS (THAT THERE’S NO WIGGLE ROOM ON)
- 3-5 years + experience working within a Creative Department, with preference to agency work. This could be from being a mid-level creative with plenty of documented runs on the board in experiential projects, as an Experiential Designer or even as an Experiential Associate Creative Director
- 2 + years of experiential events experience, encompassing brand activations, launches, pop-ups, dinners, shows, festivals and special events
- Experience working across the fashion, youth culture and luxury sector with market leading brands and clients.
REQUIRED EXPERTISE AND DOCUMENTED CAPABILITIES (SHOW YOUR WORK!)
- Have two or more of the following pre visualisation skills / creative capabilities: moodboarding, photoshop, sketches (for vendors and clients), mock ups, CAD, rendering, scale plans, styling and prop sourcing.
- Ability to image reference, building clear and descriptive mood boards to articulate creative concepts.
- Access to, and demonstrated knowledge of, an established network of working relationships with 2D designers (graphic) 3D (draftspeople, render talents, industrial designers), rental houses (furniture, smalls and props) and technology, scenic and fabrication partners.
THINGS THAT WOULD GIVE YOU AN EDGE ABOUT (BUT AREN’T DEALBREAKERS)
- Interior design and architectural design background.
- Experience in content, digital, film & TV such as working in set design, content and styling.
- The ability to work across additional design platforms and programs including but not limited to: InDesign, Keynote, Photoshop, Sketch-up and Rhino.
- Experience in identifying, engaging and briefing local content vendors: photographers, cinematographers, editors, stylists, art directors and composers.
- Experience using task management software such as Monday.com and Harvest.
- Understanding of creative strategy development, strategic ideation, influencer culture or content direction.
IMPACT AND GROWTH
- Instead of trying to squeeze into the limited box of being a ‘cultural fit’, you have the opportunity to shape and influence the culture of the agency through your participation and contribution, enhancing and adding to our culture.
- This is a role which not just gives you a seat at the table where you will have real influence and impact. If you have your heart set on being an Experiential CD in the London team of a progressive, independent global agency, throw your hat in the ring.
- Location: London, UK. This role does require face-time with team members, clients and stakeholders and as such is not a fully-remote or at-large position
- Full-time, in-house role
- Hybrid working: 3 days per week in the office (Tues-Thurs), with Mondays and Fridays WFH
- Reports to Client Services Director (UK) and Creative Director (NYC)
- Annual salary of £60k- £65k, commensurate with experience
- New Moon offers a progressive and generous benefits package to support our team members heath, wellbeing and happiness including remote working opportunities, international experiences with our US team and a mental health support program.
ABOUT NEW MOON
We are a values-led company that is grounded in radical humanity. That means we put our people first. At New Moon we are committed to fostering a workplace culture that is genuinely inspiring, compassionate, inclusive, supportive, and visionary.
“In the past, jobs were about muscle, now they are about brains, but in the future they’ll be about heart.”
Further details about who we are, the work we do, the experiences we create, and the clients in our cultural orbit can be found at www.new-moon.com and on our ‘gram.