# Why is home-buying is painful?
When we buy any other commodity, we usually transact with one party. For example, a car is bought from just a car dealer, and you have to only deal with them.
Although home-buyers ***have to*** work with multiple parties — estate agents, mortgage brokers, solicitors, lenders and surveyors, contributing to it widely being accepted as one of the most stressful processes (following closely after divorce!). A contributory factor to consumer stress is the software that these parties use — it is outdated, non-standardised and is not connected.
So poor buyers repeat the same processes with each stakeholder and glue everything together with email, phone, letters, WhatsApp and sometimes fax — adding to their pain…!
At Homey we are rebuilding the software landscape across the home-buying experience to make it a beautiful and delightful experience. See application link for some screens.
We are already profitable and work with 20 of the biggest estate agents/ law firms in UK.
We choose to be in semi-stealth mode as our customers currently come from referrals, and we don’t want incumbents learning from our ideas — the best way to learn about us, is to talk to us.
# Where we need help?
- Mockup low fidelity designs for co-creation workshops.
- Produce high-fidelity designs to visually communicate product iterations to the development team.
- Participate in continually discovering the most optimal digital user journeys for home buyers by learning deeply about our customers.
# What we look for?
- Significant experience designing beautiful digital products.
- We want to see what you have designed before.
- Ability to learn from our customers and stakeholders in our network, to craft digital journeys that delight our users.
- We want your methodology for producing designs.
- Desire to be part of a fast-paced dynamic team building a scaling product that will conceivably one day touch the majority of home buyers in the UK.
- Have a positive attitude that radiates to the team.
# Why us?
- You will lead product design and have a core impact on the 1500 consumers passing through the platform monthly.
- Working with a team of small closely knit A+ players. We believe in quality, not quantity.
# What we offer?
We ask you what you like as a salary, and look for a match against your previous results. We have budgeted a range of £70-110k for this role.
We give you the flexibility to decide how much of your salary to take as share options so that you can participate in the upside growth of the company’s value if you wish to. 🙂
This role can be fully remote, but an understanding of the UK home buying process is preferable.
Apply in 3 steps in the application link.