Remote + London
We are Represent, a London-based recruitment
We partner with world-class brands and agencies, helping each to achieve long-term success through trust, transparency and relationships built on a personalised, bespoke service.
We’re on the search for a Head of Traffic & Resourcing. This is a new role within the business to own the challenges they currently face and to provide a framework that will enable them to continue to grow – and deliver amazing work – with confidence.
At the heart of everything they do is a belief that research and innovation in design, materiality and colour are integral to a more sustainable future. They deliver actionable research that enables long-term sustainable innovation. Their clients turn to them for insight into the forms, colours and materials that will inform the world of tomorrow, and for bespoke, sustainable innovation strategies to help them shape it. The clients they work with are industry leaders in the world of sports, automotive, apparel, technology and sustainability and they work with them on projects that span intelligence reports, innovation workshops, printed and digital publications, and creative communications campaigns.
The broad responsibility for this role is managing workflow, assigning projects, ensuring work is delivered on time & on budget.
Specific responsibilities are:
- Taking ownership and thinking strategically about resource planning and management across the agency, always with a holistic view of the workload
- Creating and implementing project workflows – setting goals, expectations. and deadlines, then adjusting accordingly to ensure a smooth process with on-time delivery.
- Allocating both internal and external resources to projects and managing daily work schedules
- Maintaining a network of external contractors and always be looking to grow the external talent pool
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Track and report resourcing at project level
- Match planned projects with resource availability and flag potential bottle necks
- Owning timesheets and utilisation reporting
- Implement a suitable resource planning software solution to support company goals. Specifically to manage team resource, rates, budget, milestones and schedules.
- Leading the weekly resource meetings
- Sharing resource flags on a daily and weekly basis with the Management team and share suggested solutions to any blockers
- Ensuring that the team are working to the correct capacity and flagging any over-servicing, over-delivery or pressure points
- Track and report all expenses relating to project delivery
- Providing budgeting support
- Contribute to estimating of projects and new business
- Raise invoices when projects are completed
Skills and Requirements :
- Strong experience in a design, branding, or innovation agency
- The ability to keep calm under pressure, with a consistent, positive can-do attitude
- Positive and proactive problem solver, providing solutions and welcoming new challenges
- You need to be pragmatic, with an ability to plan ahead.
- You’ll have an agile mind and be able to juggle.
- Organisation and attention to detail are also key
- You’ll have analytical skills and the ability to communicate clearly through numbers
- You will be experienced in the use of time management and traffic management software such as Float, Synergist, Harvest, Monday etc – and ideally have experience of implementing these tools within a business
- You will understand how design and research work and will have experience of working with researchers, designers and strategists in an agency or brand environment.
They are thriving as a remote-working team. They aim to get together in person at least once a month, and share annual social events to enrich themselves and connect with one another. This role is a permanent role across 4 days a week and must be Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Be assured we will reply to each and every application.