We have an exciting opening for a Junior Project Manager to join our team full-time in London. 2023 is shaping up to be a growth year for monopo london so we are looking for a diligent, collaborative and creative junior project manager to join our team. You will be working directly with producers on live projects as well as directly with the management team on supporting monopo’s growth, operations and outreach. Get in touch if you are excited about playing an active role in the growth of our global creative community.
We are a Tokyo-born independent creative agency and have set up our London office in March 2019. As a design-driven creative agency, we are passionate about unlocking the true personality of brands. Help them be more expressive. Help them own their quirks rather than blend into the sea of sameness. Be that through Branding, Web design, Communications or anything in between. In our quest to express a brand’s true character, we push the boundaries of channels, styles and techniques and look for curious, self-driven creatives that embrace a variety of perspectives.
This position is for a full-time, in-house role at our London office, with a start date ideally in February 2023. Most of your time will be spent on London projects but we frequently work in collaboration with our Tokyo office as well.
The successful candidate will be joining a small team of producers while also bringing a proactive approach to the table.
- Supporting the producers in ensuring ambitious projects are delivered on time and on budget. Creating timelines and budget estimates.
- Establishing, building and maintaining external collaborator relationships (e.g. freelancers and production agencies) and liaising with them to help turn concepts into reality.
- Coordinating teams internally to ensure projects are progressing efficiently and the team is fully enabled to do great creative work.
- Supporting the management team in the everyday operations and growth of the studio.
Project Managers at monopo:
- Have a passion for creative work that looks unlike anything else
- Are excited about solving problems they haven’t faced before
- Embrace the opportunity to make something new in an entirely new way
- Enjoy collaboration and have a habit of bringing people together
- Have a solutions-oriented mindset and a keen eye for detail
- Approach whatever comes their way with resilience in a hands-on and organised manner
- Are curious by nature, eager to learn something new everyday
You’re the perfect fit if you:
- Can display an understanding of the creative process and the role of a project manager within it. Project Management experience within a branding/digital/creative agency is preferred, but we are open to hearing how an alternative experience has given you the transferable skills to make you an appropriate candidate for a role at monopo.
- Are comfortable working across several projects and have the ability to prioritise conflicting tasks
- Are confident in creating project schedules, planning and booking resources, and tracking assets from and to clients
- Are a natural and kind internal communicator, able to inspire the team through clarity and optimism
- Share our passion for creative work that goes beyond the norm, challenging the limitations of the project to create new and unexpected outputs
- Love in-person collaboration. We work 4 days a week at the studio + 1 day a week flexibly. We sadly can’t accept remote applications for this role.
- Have a valid UK work visa
As a small team, it’s all about finding the right people who make our team unique rather than fitting a very specific job description. If the job description doesn’t fully align but you have strong interest in joining our team, please reach out and we are curious to hear from you.
Kind – Imaginative – Respectful – Curious – Experimental
We will offer you:
- A diverse and stimulating environment. We’re a growing team of 8 in London and 30 in Tokyo. You will join an experienced team hungry to make work we can be proud of together.
- A rich variety of international brands and projects. From fashion to sports, science to tea, Japan to London, digital to branding, our projects cover a wide variety of categories, challenges and markets.
- A competitive salary based on your experience. We are looking for a junior project manager and will adapt the salary based on your level of experience.
- The opportunity to grow based on your own interests and ambitions. If there’s something you want to try or learn, we will find a way to help you do that.
How to Apply:
If this sounds like you, please reach out via email@example.com, including your portfolio and CV. Interviews will happen throughout January, with an intended start date for February 2023.
We look forward to discovering your work!