Twig Education creates incredible, inclusive Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) learning experiences full of aha! moments that students remember forever. We couldn’t do this without creative and passionate people who challenge and inspire each other. We are now working as a part of Imagine Learning, where Science meets Math, ELA and more!
At Imagine Learning we ignite learning breakthroughs. It drives everything we do. We innovate together to support educators in creating those special moments when students experience the joy of learning at its best. We serve more than 10 million students and partner with more than 7,500 school districts nationwide.
This is where you come in! Working for Twig means getting the chance to use your talents to the fullest, doing work that makes the world a better place in an environment where your contributions get noticed.
We hire talented individuals, give them the chance to shine, and recognise the impact they make on Twig and on the lives of students across the globe. We’re here to change the world of STEM education.
The Lead (Senior) Graphic Designer will provide creative direction in the development of IL Studio UK products. They will collaborate with the Graphic Designs and Head of Design (Print) to ensure new and existing products meet IL Studio UK’s exacting standards for high quality and innovative products. The Lead (Senior) Graphic Designer will be on hand as the primary support to the Graphic Designers and Illustrators on a day-to-day basis.
Key responsibilities include
- Ideation, creative direction and design development on product look and feel inline with direction from Head of Design (Print) as well as quality assurance during production.
- Managing the assignment and briefing of scheduled tasks to the Graphic Design reports to ensure products are created to a high standard.
- Working with Graphic Designers and illustrators on establishing templates, guidelines and checklists for products.
- Handling files between departments ensuring no issues arise with version control and the file management is adhered to.
- Preparing files for print production and reviewing files from printers to ensure products are created to a high standard.
- Escalating any risks, issues or opportunities to the Head of Design to ensure products are created to a high standard.
- Managing selected projects, ensure all aspects of design are completed to the company’s high and exacting standards.
- Annual performance review line management for Graphic Designer reports to ensure the high performance of the team.
- Recruitment and onboarding support to ensure smooth appointment of new team members.
- Training and upskilling Designers to ensure in-house skills remain high quality and relevant.
Requirements and qualifications
- Degree in visual arts or a significant experience in the same field
- Full Adobe CC suite – InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Ability to work highly independently, in a hybrid context
- Hardworking, enthusiastic team player who demonstrates flexibility
- Possess a high degree of initiative and independent judgement and excellent problem solving
- Empathetic and accountable leadership style with the ability to build strong, effective relationships using many techniques including diplomacy and motivational techniques
- The ability to nurture psychological safety
- Excellent, regular and succinct communication skills
- Cares deeply about helping the team achieve their goals and becoming cohesive, self-managing units
Ability to confidently challenge the status-quo and seek alternative solutions
What’s in it for you?
Your job will offer diversity and fulfilment as well as professional and personal development. Twig has an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded. Benefits of working at Twig include:
- Salaries are competitive
- Hybrid Working
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Health Shield cashback plan
- Generous holiday allowance including birthday off
- Office in an attractive location next to a large park
- Being part of a lively, fun team
- Dog friendly office
Equal opportunities statement
Twig is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Think you might fit this role?
To apply, please complete the Online Application Form, attaching a CV and covering letter, demonstrating the extent to which your skills, abilities and experience meet the requirements of this role.