About the role
As a Midweight Designer, you will be involved in all aspects of design for projects, supporting the Creative Director and Senior Designer to shape the design and create the work that drives projects forward. You’ll bring ideas, energy and solid design skills to any task. Helping maximise the potential of each project with effective design.
- Generating ideas and interesting creative work with strong conceptual foundations.
- Focused on maintaining a high level of craft and attention to detail.
- Taking responsibility to hit deadlines and being aware of timings.
- Supporting the Creative Director and senior designers to ensure that work gets delivered on time to a high standard.
- Creating high quality presentations of creative work for internal and external use.
- Inspiring other designers through creativity and staying up to date with trends and current design thinking
- Collaborating with client teams, motion and development to build a positive working relationship.
Skills and experience
- Experience – You’ll have at least 2 years of industry experience, with proven skills and competencies. Must have a passion for branding, design and digital.
- Excellent varied portfolio – Work should demonstrate concept-driven design, great execution, show experimentation, versatility, strategic thinking and energy. Significant brand identity and digital projects within the industry. You should have worked across both print and digital executions.
- People skills – Comfortable working as a team and confident to take part in workshops and interactions with clients.
- Excellent presenter – Good communication and presentation skills. Able to put an attractive and compelling presentation together and present it.
- Broad tool-kit – High level of skill in Adobe CC (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, XD).
- Bonus tool-kit – Experience in 3D, animation, coding and interaction design is a bonus. An understanding of peripheral design processes (i.e. art direction and film/stills production, print production) would also be a bonus.
What we offer
- Up to £32k per annum. Based on experience
- Improved workplace pension
- Monthly well-being allowance
- 33 days paid holiday (inc bank holidays, Christmas shutdown and your birthday)
- £100 Birthday present
- Hybrid working: you have the choice to remotely for 2 days per week, with the other 3 being based in our Manchester studio
- We have core working hours but start and finish times are flexible to suit you
- Learning and development programs individual to you
- Free refreshments, breakfast and fruit provided in the office all week
- Regular team building socials and meals out
To apply please send your CV and portfolio to email@example.com