We’re after a gifted Senior Digital Designer to work across client projects as a key member of our Creative Team.
Reporting to our Creative Director, our Senior Digital Designer will execute jaw-dropping concepts and deliverables with our team of creatives. So you’ll need a keen eye for quality control and a natural feel for design. You’ll support the project needs of the team and build trusting relationships with clients. You might be working on legacy projects, or leading design on new projects where you can really take the reins with originality and style. Your skills will be put to the test across many areas: branding, web and app design, campaigns (mostly digital), print, motion, and experiential/events.
Flexible and talented, you’ll be the brand guardian for your clients. In fact, you’ll know them inside and out, being perceptive enough to explore what works for their specific needs in a hand-on, creative way. You’ll explore new avenues to come up with never-before-seen solutions that delight and deliver. Through brainstorms and open collaboration, you’ll bring new ideas and ways of working, leading by example and supporting the growth of junior colleagues.
You’ll need to be focused and agile, shaping creative concepts to meet client needs, and taking them to the next level. You’ll need to be persistent, not be afraid of tough conversations, and sometimes you’ll need a thick skin. A good listener and an effective communicator, you’ll quickly understand what’s needed and how it can be done. In return, you’ll enjoy a role where your creativity can flourish and take form with freedom and support, and the results of your hard work will be illuminated across the world.
What the role will look like on a day to day basis….
We all get involved in a whole host of different projects. Things move fast, and you’ll need to be collaborative, adaptable, and resilient. And whenever change comes along, which it often does, you’ll be able to take it in your stride. Here are just a few of the things we’ll be looking for you to deliver:
1. To produce excellent design across a variety of outputs and projects covering pitch concepts, branding, campaigns (online and offline), website, apps, social media and digital content, experiential etc
2. Work with the Creative Director on new briefs that come into the agency working towards rounded ideas that you will in turn run with, liaising with the Creative Director on progress.
3. Question briefs, insights and strategy when necessary
4. Work with clients and account management on deliverables and expectations
5. Actively participate in idea generation and brainstorms in line with the above
6. Partner with the Creative Director on Creative Proposals visualising concepts and working with the broader team on content
7. Deliver exceptional visual and design quality in the work you produce and oversee
8. Present you work with confidence and clarity to the client as required
9. Support the PM’s on concept costings and logistics
10. Stay ahead of the latest trends and innovations to insure this is the most productive process
11. Provide input to the Project Managers to enable them to establish realistic budgets & timescales at the outset of the project/phase of work
12. To ensure that the creative brief is challenged when necessary and sets you and the team up to deliver world class work
13. To ensure that our work at all stages of the process meets or exceeds the client’s objectives – acting as a true consultant rather than a reactive supplier – challenging and interpreting feedback wherever appropriate in an intelligent, informed and positive way
14. To ensure that all your work is on brief and in line with Ph.Creative’s reputation for inspiring, crafted and provocative design
15. To look to go beyond what’s in the brief showing how your idea/design can stretch while encouraging those in your team to do the same
16. Possess the ability to lead client meetings, rationalise design choices to clients & have experience & thorough the outputs you are working with
17. To have an excellent grasp of the brands you work on and their design guidelines
18. To provide design feedback and edit the work of others
19. To lead and produce proposal and pitch winning high quality creative
20. To recognise the commercial role of the design department in the wider business model
21. Work with the team on execution and quality control
22. As well as this list, you’ll need to take on other tasks in line with the job too. But we’ll give you what you need to succeed, whatever we ask you to do.
What you will need to bring….
1. Experience working with Apple Mac, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, and sometimes even a pencil.
2. Experience working with Adobe InDesign
3. Strong previous agency experience including employer branding, marketing and digital
4. A deeper understanding of digital media creativity and best practice
5. Have strong creative ability to create and act on briefs to deliver high quality visual concepts
6. Interest in latest trends, technologies and practices in branding, marketing, digital and experiential tactics
7. Possess the ability to lead client meetings, rationalise design choices to clients
8. Interest in latest communication, design and technology trends
9. Ability to produce pitch winning concepts and contribute to new business, whilst also working on a range of other project in various states of production
10. Can do – team focused attitude
11. Experience managing and mentoring other designers
12. Experience working with Adobe After Effects
What you’ll get…..
We devised the ‘give and get’ approach to our work to best illustrate what we expect from our people and what they can expect from Ph.
So, in return for your intensity, audacity, and integrity, we’ll tick all the boxes you would expect in terms of salary, benefits, flexible working, and personal development. But there’s much more on offer.
We listen and execute on great ideas that have been well researched and thought through, no matter where those ideas come from or whoever brings them to us. Which means smart people with the right attitude can go far quickly. And you’ll have the exhilaration and satisfaction of working on multiple projects with incredible brands. It’s fast, frantic, frustrating, and not for the faint-hearted, but your work will honestly go around the world.
You’ll work hard to find the best solutions; shape the support we put around you to help you deliver at your best; explore new technologies, techniques, and tactics; and find pride in all you do. It’s about having the drive to ignore the easy options and to choose instead to do work that makes a difference to everyone it touches. It’s about defining your career.
Are you running for cover or ready to dive in?
We always sell the truth, no more so than in the way that we talk about ourselves. We love the struggle. If you’re up for the challenge, confident you can thrive in our culture and make a difference for our clients, we encourage you to get in touch. And if you don’t think you are, please don’t.
We politely request to not be contacted by agencies.