4 days a week – or full-time
We’re changing the way e-learning is delivered, and we need a bright designer to help us have impact.
We’re looking for a creative, enthusiastic team player to join us. You’ll have tons of ideas about how to bring our e-learning to life and engage our audiences. You’ll also be willing to pitch in with other design needs – including creating PDF brochures, presentations, social media and fleshing out and documenting our visual identity.
You’ll also need to be able to switch from the non-corporate look and feel of our e-learning offer to the more corporate approach of our consultancy.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to take a step up into a small consultancy where your work is front and centre – and critical to our success.
- You’ll probably have a few years’ experience under your belt, working in a creative agency or client side. And you’ll be comfortable working for a small organisation where work is fast paced and needs can change rapidly.
- You’ll be a conceptual thinker who can take an idea all the way through to outputs.
- We need you to be a team player – and someone who’s practical, organised and self-sufficient, but who’ll shout for help when they need it.
- You’ll be responsive and fully available during agreed working hours.
- While we encourage challenge, we also need you to be open to critique and willing to work alongside project management, marketing and copywriting colleagues. You will be someone who pays close attention to detail, who methodically implements feedback and input.
- We’ll need you to be professional in all your dealings – and supportive of your colleagues. You must be based in the UK.
Day-to-day is likely to include:
- Digital is at the forefront of this role. A typical week could involve developing our short e-learning courses with an engaging mix of video, animation and interactive quizzes. It could also involve helping us to create presentations, proposals, marketing materials and internal assets like branded PowerPoint slides.
- Occasionally, it could also involve creating materials for print – including training documents, books, cards and ambient materials.
- You’d be hopping between the more corporate approach of our main business, and the very un-corporate, design-driven approach of our e-learning business. You could occasionally be creating collateral for our clients.
- Please bear in mind that although we’re a creative agency, we are not a design agency. So you’ll primarily be creating concepts and collateral for our business. However, this also means that we’re pretty good at sticking to contractually agreed working hours.
- We mostly work remotely, but get together on a roughly quarterly basis – so you’ll need to be able to travel to join us.
- Full Adobe fluency – including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Video editing
- Articulate 360 and Storyline (preferred, but not essential – if you know your way around PowerPoint, you’ll pick it up)
- Figma or similar
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
We’re a small marketing and copywriting agency that punches well above our weight. And we have big ambitions. Next year, we’re going to launch a separate e-learning platform that will be expert, real and fun.
This means there’s a real mix of different types of work to do – from corporate PDFs through to highly creative, disruptive training resources and marketing collateral.
What you get:
- Possibility of PT work – 4 days a week (or FT if you prefer)
- 5% pension contribution
- 20 days’ holiday plus bank holidays – rising to 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays after five years
- Possibility of ‘buying’ additional holiday
- Additional £150 monthly allowance if you choose to provide your own computer and software
- A genuinely warm and supportive working environment that values team members
How to apply:
If you’d like to explore becoming our in-house designer, please send us…
- Your CV
- Examples of your work (including e-learning, if you have it)
- A covering letter explaining why you think you’d be a good fit
Initial interviews will take place on Zoom, followed by a conceptual test and face-to-face interviews for shortlisted candidates. If the stars align, you could start this role before Christmas.