About For Different
We support projects that make a positive impact on the world.
For Different is a creative studio passionate about building brands, digital products and ventures. We blend strategic thinking, design and technology to transform how people experience brands, products and services.
Borne from venture building; we apply this thinking to help large organisations move and think like start-ups and digital innovators. And to help new ventures and scale-ups get to market fast and build the presence of big brands.
Based just a few minutes from Farringdon tube, in the heart of London’s creative district, our team is growing quickly, and looking for a UX/UI Director to join us.
We’re looking for a highly organised and creative Digital Design Director to manage and oversee the Digital Design team projects. You will be responsible for leading the Digital Design team across all stages of multiple design projects, managing the growth of the team, providing invaluable digital design input and presenting this work to clients.
You will sit at the heart of the studio’s interactive output, working alongside great minds to design and deliver original digital experiences. Bringing ideas, energy, and your skills to any task; from immersion to strategy, expression to implementation.
- Generating ideas with strong conceptual foundations.
- Providing support and a digital perspective across all stages of a project; from immersion to implementation. Delivering compelling work from beginning to end.
- Managing and overseeing the development of the Digital Design team. Managing, mentoring and inspiring your team.
- Preparing and presenting work to clients, putting together materials for pitches, presentations, and workshops.
- Taking responsibility to hit deadlines and always being mindful of timings.
- Supporting team members across the design and client service teams to meet collective goals.
- Managing external suppliers to ensure they deliver to our high creative standards.
- Being culturally connected, understanding new waves and trends. Attending events, exhibitions, and connecting to universities and design institutions.
- Actively contributing to our culture.
Who are we looking for
A Digital Design Director who has a passion for all aspects of digital design, with experience in design collaboration, leadership and management.
You are a bright and creative digital designer with the skills to inspire and drive innovative UX/ UI design across the Digital Design team, manage and develop the team as it grows and build strong, lasting relationships with a range of clients.
Working directly with the Creative director to achieve the studio’s overall vision.
Key skills and qualities
- 8+ years of industry experience with proven skills and competencies.
- Leadership, collaboration and management experience.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously with strong organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to solve complex business and user problems, communicating digital strategies and creating high-quality experiences across web and product.
- Work that demonstrates a user-centric design approach and a well-crafted execution, along with experimentation, versatility, and energy.
- Experience implementing digital movement and interaction design (IxD).
- Ability to run interviews, workshops, and interactions with clients.
- Ability to flex and work within any industry, with any type of client, anywhere in the world (from startups to corporations to schools and beyond).
- Excellent level of skill in design and prototyping programs specifically covering UX and UI. Including Figma and Adobe CS.
- Experience in digital design operations and practices including delivering in an Agile manner, working in Sprints, and crafting Atomic Design systems.
- Have a good understanding of coding practices and SEO.
- Experience in animation, coding, and interaction design is a bonus.
- Curiosity, generosity, and kindness.
If you feel as though you don’t meet all of the requirements listed, but are still interested we encourage you to apply. We’re looking for talented and friendly people more so than ticking boxes.
What we can offer you
£60,000 – £70,000 salary PA, depending on your experience. It is also worth mentioning that we have company-wide open salary tiers.
Annual bonus scheme
Generous holiday package plus your birthday off
Annual team away day, summer party, and Christmas party
Opportunity to learn and grow with monthly learning sessions
Monthly team socials for calm and collaboration
An amazing like-minded team to work with
The not-so-small print
Please include a link or attached (under 20Mb) portfolio of relevant work. Along with links to recent builds and digital experiences that you’re able to share.
You’ll be expected to work on-site three days per week: Mon/Wed/Thu, with remote working Tue/Fri.
Applicants must have the right to work within the UK.
We’re very sorry to say that due to a high volume of candidates, we will only respond to those shortlisted for interviews, but thank you in advance for reaching out.
How to apply:
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a link or attached (under 20Mb) portfolio of relevant work. Along with links to recent builds and digital experiences that you’re able to share.