A fully remote role based in the UK, Poland or Portugal
Role Overview 🚀
We’re looking for a hands-on Lead Product Designer to design impactful solutions for our evolving Uncapped product, and create value that delights users and drives acquisition. Reporting directly to our Head of Product and member of the senior leadership team, you will own the design requirements in your team and the user journey for the company’s products.
This person will ideate and explore concepts that improve new and existing services which are not only functional, but are delightful to use. They will use insights, wireframes, mockups and prototypes to communicate their solutions with stakeholders.
They will demonstrate a deep understanding of UX principles and best practises, and show an understanding of design for finance while analyzing competitors and engaging with the wider business.
They will work quickly to express their ideas, and be confident communicating with engineers and product owners throughout their process to see their designs come to life.
About Uncapped 👫
Founded in 2019, Uncapped is the fastest, most affordable way for growing online businesses to fund marketing and inventory. The company was born out of frustration with the limited financing options available for the UK and European entrepreneurs to finance growth.
Uncapped provides business advances of between £10K and £10M without credit checks, personal guarantees, warrants, equity, or compounding interest — and makes money by charging a low flat fee that is paid back from future sales revenue.
Uncapped has raised $120 million from investors including Lakestar, Mouro Capital, Global Founders Capital, White Star Capital, Seedcamp, and All Iron Ventures.
What you will do ✍️
– Functional manager of other designers, mentor other designers to improve their skills
– Collaborate with cross-discipline team members, present designs, and contribute to workshops
– Drive the design process end to end within your product area
– Analyse competitors and ideate possible solutions
– Take part in research, and drive decision-making based off insights and data.
– Develop detailed designs through user flows, wireframes and UI mockups
– Develop our design system and components further to create a lovable UX
– Create final designs to specification
– Create low and hi-fidelity prototypes
– Liaise with team members and stakeholders to agree product timelines
– Effectively pitch design proposals and win support
Who you are 👀
You will have:
– 5+ years experience within digital product design
– Good experience designing world class products
– Experience of working in cross-functional product teams
– Demonstrate experience and understanding of UX and UI principles and ability to drive designs end-to-end
– Proficient in UX tools (Figma, Sketch or Zeplin etc…)
– Experience creating prototypes using Figma, Invision, Framer etc…
– A high quality portfolio showcasing product designs that are considered and thoughtful
– The ability consider high-level strategy and drive discussions
– Have the vision to understand technical requirements and limitations for implementing designs
– Experience of Webflow is desirable
– Experience at a FinTech is desirable
What we offer 🎁
At Uncapped, our people make us successful. We are a startup with big goals and we work hard, so we want to give everyone the benefits they really want. We’re continually adding to this list as new people join — here are some of the things you can expect:
– A competitive compensation plan
– Flexible working: Remote-first processes for ultimate flexibility
– Unlimited paid time off to relax and see the world
– A personal growth fund that helps you to become your best
– Weekly recognition and awards that celebrate all the wins, both big and small
– Annual retreat abroad to hang out with your team on a paid staff trip
– A workspace just for you, with £350/€400 to optimise your home office
We can only consider applications from those who are eligible to work in the UK or EU without sponsorship.