Wonderworks Communications is a strategically driven creative agency with a clear vision. We specialise in working with Drinks brands – large and small – helping them thrive on a global scale.
WONDER is at the heart of everything we do. This is the emotive spark that connects a brand with their audience through intelligent strategy, beautiful design and compelling activations. But more than that, it’s how we think, how we act and how we do.
We are looking for a Wondermaker to join the team and help us continue to deliver highly creative work for global drinks brands. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Midweight Creative looking to progress in a multi-disciplined role as part of a small but very friendly and productive agency.
We are seeking an Midweight Creative with a positive attitude and a desire to help deliver incredible work for our clients as well as help grow our business.
Our philosophy is that our tightknit team is capable of huge things; we define the WONDER in every brief and then find the specialists to bring that to life for our clients. As part of the team, you will be a key driver in bringing moments of WONDER to everything that we do.
You will be instrumental in supporting the Design Director to manage and deliver creative solutions which reflect the Wonderworks vision and standards. The structure of our agency means that you will be given a degree of autonomy with responsibilities beyond producing great creative.
At Wonderworks we work with a proactive attitude with each team member pitching in to support others who are under pressure – no job is above or beneath anyone.
With a keen interest in premium drinks and spirits brands you will be responsible for delivering beautifully crafted, premium, well designed communication materials including campaign key visuals, moving image, photoshoots, events, global toolkits, brand positioning platforms, education programmes, sales tools, printed collateral and digital assets amongst others.
You will be keen to take ownership of your work, designing creative solutions from concept through to final design, through the guidance of your line manager, the Design Director, and effectively engage and inspire multiple stakeholders both within the agency and externally.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a professional design environment
- A strong knowledge of Adobe CC for Mac (Photoshop /InDesign/Illustrator) and proficiency in PowerPoint
- All round design skills, across different channels and touchpoints, with an emphasis on how physical design can direct people to digital channels
- A good understanding of web design and digital channels
- Skill in creating beautiful layouts for typography, editorial and graphics
- Skill in creating mock-up visuals (e.g., basic POS)
- Strong conceptual and strategic thinker, able to take strategic input/insight to generate creative concepts, comms, and activation ideas across channels
- Able to do concept visualisation and scamps. Ability to express ideas through sketches and comfortable bringing these to life in Photoshop or any other means
- Great verbal/written communication & presentation skills, with the ability to successfully articulate creative & design concepts to internal and external stakeholders
Responsibilities, ways of working & mindset required
- Attention to detail to deliver the brief
- Versatile, flexible, and happy to work on multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Develop an understanding of the budget & parameters of the creative thinking
- Be a part of ensuring that the business always works to deliver big idea thinking – through a creative response connecting the client challenge/brief with the audience insight and the strategic objective
- Able to understand the client brief, the consumer journey and different channels
- Able to challenge the brief and always strive to push the boundaries and get the best results
- Be client facing, attend and support in client meetings: Briefings, presentations, debriefs – where no account handler present write up notes & share with client and team
- Create relationships with our clients and help them to get where they need more easily.
- Through those relationships & creative output contribute to a profitable sales pipeline
It would be great if you also have:
- Experience in video editing and or animation
- Ability to create video treatment and storyboards
- Experience in drinks brands
- Salary dependant on experience
- 3-month probationary period, 1 weeks’ notice either side during probationary period
- Permanent role, with 3 months’ notice period
- Holiday allowance: 24 days [includes 3 x days for Christmas]
- Hybrid working – from our office in Holborn or from home address. Ability to work from other locations as agreed by the business
- 4 x Agency Wellness Days per year
- LABS membership, which includes gym access, exercise classes, networking, and drinks events
- Health Cash Plan and Life Assurance coverage on completion of Probation
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Midweight Creative looking to progress in a multi-disciplined role as part of a small team.