Brave is an independent, creative agency that de-risks brave commercial decision-making by being creatively
courageous, strategically forensic, digitally progressive, data smart and behavior-driven. With an
entrepreneurial, progressive and dynamic spirit, Brave creates, crafts and champions brave ideas that win people’s hearts, inspire innovations and bring opportunities with the power to change lives.
With a ‘courage counts’ approach, Brave creates advertising, collaborative and digital experiences for a
diverse set of global clients, allowing for the unique opportunity to develop individualized, tailored work.
Our impressive client roster includes Olay, Panasonic, Motors.co.uk, World of Tanks, Xylem, Netflix, PMI, Funkin Cocktails, Naked, Pantene, and Age UK amongst others.
- A hands-on Designer, conceptual thinker and brilliant Art Director.
- A world-class Designer with impeccable craft, comfortably and consistently superb in your execution regardless of touchpoint.
- An approachable mentor, who enjoys guiding and nurturing those who have not come as far as you.
- You may have experience of managing others or looking to step up.
- A keen collaborator. You will work closely with other disciplines such as strategy, UX, and development.
- You will have a broad understanding of design that goes beyond Visual Design.
- Very much hands-on, always perfecting the tiniest details. You lead by example and inspire with your passion.
- Able to build strong relationships with colleagues and clients alike.
- Proactive and positive in your approach to work and those around you.
ON ANY GIVEN DAY AT BRAVE
- Along with the Design Director – you’ll mentor and inspire the wider design team, through the championing of craft across disciplines, unlocking opportunities to help them grow and deepen their craft.
- Serve as the standard bearer for design thinking and craft to ensure high quality across all phases of the project.
- Lead multiple projects and work streams co-currently from concept to delivery – helping monitor progress on creative development and elevate design quality.
- Collaborate with Strategy, Copywriters, Designers, Art Directors, Project Managers, and UX designers, or Tech Leads.
- Work closely with the Creative Director’s or the ECD, to lead the design craft and execute the creative vision across systematic or campaign work.
- Present to and meet with clients of all levels.
- Build creative relationships with clients and other agencies.
YOU’LL BE THE RIGHT FIT IF YOU
- Are curious and look beyond the immediate ask to come up with bigger and better.
- Have a positive attitude that fosters team camaraderie and believe that greatness can happen only B when people with different skills and perspectives work together.
- Are able to lead multiple projects and delegate work effectively.
- Are able to craft compelling narratives and l arguments around your work to sell in, internally and externally.
- Have impeccable design craft, art direction eye, attention to detail and creative flair.
- Are able to think, make and effectively communicate ideas and outputs to colleagues and clients.
- Are comfortable collaborating with people from different creative disciplines and team – from
developers through to photographers
- Are familiar with digital processes – user journeys, wireframes, prototyping etc.
- Thrive on set, and are comfortable with postproduction processes – edits, grade, retouching etc.
- Have a proven track record in both systematic and campaign work.
- Have experience leading design teams, mentoring junior team members or desire to step up.
- Have an interest in emerging technologies and innovation.
- Want to create and craft award-winning and peer-envy work.
- 9+ years of experience in Visual Design
- A proven track record of working directly with clients across multiple industries.
- The knowledge of what good design systems (both systematic and campaign) look like while
connecting the dots to create a cohesive overall experience.
- Mastery in design tools, and prototyping including Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch.
- Comfortable working with presentation programs, such as Keynote and Google Slides.
- Outstanding storytelling, presentation, and communication skills with the ability to clearly express and sell ideas to clients.
- A stunning and exciting portfolio of work – from campaigns to design systems.
- Natural charisma, soft skills and experience mentoring a team of designers.
- A passion for innovation and experimentation with technology.
- An eye for detail and an obsession with craft.
- Experience working in beauty, or a passion for beauty and lifestyle work would also be a huge
benefit – this will be a core client of yours.
STAGE ONE: Virtual Interview with Digital Design Director, Shane Horn and Design Director, Lee Robins.
STAGE TWO: Interview in person with Shane, Lee, and the Creative Directors, Annie Fox and Paul Pearson – candidate to present back a piece of work/client document/presentation that they believe was a piece of their best work. It doesn’t have to be work that necessarily went live – but they must show us something they were creatively responsible for.
STAGE THREE: In-person meet with some of the design and client teams.