Motorway is the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace – our online-only platform connects private car sellers with thousands of verified dealers nationwide, ensuring everyone gets the best deal.
Founded in 2017, our award winning, technology-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly car sales and helping us to grow to a team of over 250 across 4 locations.
Motorway is now valued at over $1 billion and is backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors, having raised £143 million in Series C funding.
Our product-driven approach and leadership has resulted in an environment where design and UX is highly valued. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing scale-up as a Visual Designer/Brand Designer at a crucial phase of growth, build amazing products and help change an industry for the better.
About the role
Working closely with Senior Designers, Product Managers and the Marketing Team, our Visual Designer/Brand Designer will get to work across our full customer base including consumers (motorway.co.uk), professional car buyers (pro.motorway.co.uk) and for our employees.
- Developing online ad creatives, including banners, widgets and website integrations.
- Designing email marketing campaigns and creatives.
- Designing video and graphics for social media.
- Developing offline and out of home creatives; such as print ads.
- Creating landing page designs and helping with UI design for our products.
- Maintaining and developing our brand guidelines, illustration and icon library, and design system.
- Working on corporate communications including investor materials, presentations and press materials.
- Designing signage, branding and interior design elements for our offices.
- Developing branded merchandise and clothing, plus internal presentations, posters and other items for the team.
At Motorway we believe “design is how it works” and that design runs much deeper than surface-level appearance. We are looking for someone not just with excellent visual and creative skills, but an awareness of consumer behaviour and the ability to solve consumer or business problems with elegant solutions.
- Commercial experience in a design role, demonstrated by a strong portfolio.
- Ability to solve real problems through design, demonstrated by case studies of projects or features that have had a measurable impact on the business or organisation.
- Strong aesthetic ability with expert knowledge of typography, colour, illustration, photography, icons & branding.
- An exceptional eye for detail and a precise, accurate approach to creating design work.
- Experience with design tools such as Adobe CC and Figma, and collaboration tools like Miro and Slack, plus strong Mac skills.
- Ability to collaborate with different areas of the business, such as product, marketing or development teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- A competitive salary.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- BUPA health insurance.
- Annual learning budget with access to General Assembly courses, an Audible subscription and hundreds of books and online lessons.
- Pension scheme.
- Motorway Car Leasing Scheme
- Hybrid working (approximately 2-3 days in the office a week) with the option to work from home for a month per year.
- Regular social events.
- Discounted Calm membership.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- The chance to join a rapidly growing company that cares first and foremost about its people.
- The chance to work with an experienced and passionate team with a big vision.
- The opportunity to build products that have real impact and will change an industry.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
#LI-Hybrid #visualdesigner #branddesigner