Secret Cinema is the global pioneer of immersive film experiences with a record of over 50 immersive productions and over 600,000 attendees in the last five years alone. It has become a cultural phenomena in London and has recently opened productions in Shanghai and LA with more exciting growth plans to come.
Creating large-scale cultural experiences in abandoned spaces, we fuse film/TV, music, theatre and installations. In our shows, audiences are assigned a character and step into the story. We create the world of a film, where the space is populated by a professional cast of actors and dancers. The experience usually culminates with a screening of the film. These productions can run from a few weeks (outdoors) or several months and total audiences over 100,000.
We partner with the largest film studios on their most popular current titles, including Star Wars, James Bond, and Stranger Things as well as old classics such as Back to the Future and Dirty Dancing. We have a multi-year deal with Disney and are excited to be bringing some of their most exciting titles to life.
Check us out at: https://www.secretcinema.org/about/
This is an exciting opportunity to join Secret Cinema as it grows and explores new event formats in the UK and abroad. The Content Team is responsible for all in-house 2D and video design and is a crucial asset to the Marketing, Creative, and Web teams.
As Head of 2D Design you will lead on all 2D creative content across Secret Cinema, responsible for conceptualizing and creating 2D work for show key art, marketing, interactive UI/websites, merchandise and graphic design for physical sets, and ensuring the junior 2D team are busy, challenged, and developing their skills in support of all of the above.
You will work closely with each show’s Creative Director and Production Designer to help bring their creative visions to life, and with the UK and US Marketing Directors to provide suitable content for sales and marketing channels, including our own website as well as the show-specific sites we build to support our guests’ immersive experience.
Our exciting growth plans mean there will be lots of opportunities for personal and career development.
The role reports to Secret Cinema’s Director of Content, and is based in London at our main office a few minutes walk from Liverpool Street and Shoreditch High Street stations. We have a hybrid working model that includes Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays in the office and optional remote working Mondays and Fridays.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic and creative business
- Be happy supporting and guiding junior team members to create a cohesive body of wor
- Develop designs for the Secret Cinema brand, including overall identity, digital platforms and brand merchandise
- Develop designs for each production, including marketing assets, digital/UI, social content, show graphics, and merchandise.
- Work closely both with the wider Secret Cinema team and collaboratively with freelance illustrators, artists and graphic designers
- Confidently share and present ideas with your peers
- A Love for film, music and live events.
- A keen eye for design and exemplary attention to detail – able to take a concept and easily visualize it, creating a fresh body of work which is on brand and to the highest standard
- A varied portfolio which showcases your creative, innovative design capabilities across both digital and printed media as well as your broad experience in the industry.
- Comprehensive experience in art direction and in managing the design output of a team, as well as working collaboratively with contractors.
- The highest standard of Adobe suite expertise, specifically:
- Adobe Photoshop: HD Photo retouching and composition. Unique typographic treatments. Work with complex textures, patterns and brushes. Create both realistic and abstract effects to reflect precise film genres. Use predetermined and custom created actions.
- Adobe Illustrator: Vector graphics using points, lines, shapes and curves. Create logos and inventive typography to fit precise film genres. Infographics for presentations and company documents.
- Adobe Indesign: Set up presentations and studio pitches. Format magazines, newspapers and printed props. Artworking large scale for out-of-home printed media, understanding marks and bleed. Understanding RBG and CMYK requirements and specific colour profiles.
- Also preferred: Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere Pro
- Job closes: 9am on 5th September 2022
- Interview: There will be 2 stages of interview for this role, one of which will include a small prep task
- The interviews will be online via video call
- Please let us know at application stage should you need any reasonable adjustments made at any part of the recruitment process
Terms of Employment
This job description is a guide to the nature of the work required. It is not wholly comprehensive or restrictive and may be reviewed as required.
Secret Group values and promotes diversity and is committed to equality and opportunity for all. All employees are required to comply with and actively promote our Equality policy, and no job applicant or employee will receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation, class or socio-economic background, trade union activity or political activity or opinion. We may use positive action, in cases where candidates are equally qualified, to increase the employment of under-represented groups at Secret Group.
To understand how Secret Group will use your Personal Information, please refer to our Casual Workers and Suppliers Privacy Statement: https://www.secretcinema.org/supplier-and-casual-workers-privacy-notice