Since its inception in 2013, Unit London has been firmly committed to the identification and championing of unique and distinctive artistic talent from across the globe. The gallery’s ambition is to enact change in the industry: increasing accessibility to the art world and engaging new audiences to expand the reach and impact of contemporary art on broader culture. Unit London Digital’s core mission is to empower artists and broaden the contemporary art audience by harnessing the power of new technologies.
As an artist-led space, the DNA of the company is fundamentally creative. We have an ideas-driven culture and we pride ourselves on being able to think outside the box and go against the grain of tradition. We know that great ideas often come from unexpected places, so all members of the team are encouraged to think about and contribute to the wider vision, even if it’s not part of their role. We are a collaborative team and treat each other with humility and respect. Everyone at Unit London is ambitious, driven and passionate about our mission: realising a future society that understands contemporary art, and celebrates the talents and contributions of artists from all backgrounds and practices.
The Designer is responsible for ideating and creating engaging and memorable designs that showcase Unit London’s Digital artworks, products, projects and drops for a wide range of platforms and channels. They are a talented, experienced and creative graphic designer ideally also with strong 3d animation/motion graphics skills. Their designs should stand out, building an undeniable wow-factor for the brand that sets it apart from the competition. Taking initiative and putting forward new creative ideas and approaches is essential to the role, as is a deep understanding of visual design principles. The release schedule is full and requires working on material for multiple editions and NFT drops at any given time, so multitasking and prioritising is a key part of the role.
- Responsible for the delivery of design assets and marketing collateral for multiple campaigns, drops, events and projects across the full spectrum of digital channels
- Work closely with the senior team and other creative team members to create experimental content that develops our designs and presentation whilst retraining and reinforcing Unit London Digital’s brand identity
- Respond to user feedback, data/analytics, and client feedback to improve the creative work in future iterations
- Prior experience as a Graphic Designer as well as a strong portfolio of sample projects that demonstrates your eye for detail and digital skills
- An enthusiastic creative thinker, with a keen eye for design, composition, timing and detail
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and have strong project management skills
- A keen learner, continuously seeking to develop skills and broaden knowledge of new technologies and trends in the digital world
- Confident with presenting designs and accountable for the quality and standard of all output
- Strong technical skills and proven ability to use a variety of software including Adobe suite and ideally 3D software tools
- Preferred: exposure to/ knowledge of Web3