We are looking for a junior designer to join our creative team to help create and deliver on both client campaigns and our own internal brand.
You will demonstrate creativity, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to feedback, time and deadlines.
You will help us drive client engagement by producing high quality design work to shape our ways of working in digital and print communications, working collaboratively and with a passion for what we do.
Stonehaven is a global strategy, policy, and advocacy consultancy. In short, we solve the toughest business problems arising from political and economic megatrends.
For companies operating at the intersection of business and government, we provide unrivalled advice and advocacy support, underpinned by our unique integration of data science, policy, economics, and communications campaigning.
Headquartered in London our team of 50 people is made up of opinion researchers, data scientists, campaigners, and creative business thinkers. We bring bold thinking and clarity to our clients’ most complex challenges.
Over the last 12 months Stonehaven has been through a period of rapid growth, acquiring a leading sustainability consultancy, Robertsbridge, opening an office in Australia and carrying out a full rebrand of the business. We have also made considerable investments in our data architecture to build Compass – our proprietary data platform which helps us model trends in public attitudes to some of the biggest issues facing our clients.
We build advocacy campaigns for our clients that reach their audiences, cross channels, integrate digital and creative and above all – drive outcomes.
In 2021 we established a Creative Studio to translate Stonehaven’s deep insight and strategies into impactful campaigns that deliver results. By understanding how best to reach and engage audiences and bringing the best creative trends into the business we act as the engine of our clients’ campaigns ensuring Stonehaven’s unique insight is embedded from strategy to execution.
You will be responsible for:
- Working closely with and supporting the team in taking designs from conception to completion
- Helping the creative team as a brand guardian within the business
- Designing cutting edge, creative content for communications campaigns across a range of media, from print to social
- Assisting the creative team in responding to creative briefs, exploring creative concepts with the team and building on them from feedback
- Working with client brands, from challengers to market-leaders, to create designs that work within the brand guidelines
- Creating presentations, reports and marketing materials for our brand
The Ideal Candidate
- 2-3 years’ experience either in-house or within a studio
- Experience working on print and digital projects from concept to artwork
- Creative storyteller and able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with internal and external stakeholders
- Accurate with attention to details, especially when it comes to typography
- An interest in marketing and advertisement, as well as politics and sustainability
- Flexibility and time management skills to work across multiple projects at the same time
- Experience in motion design and data visualisation beneficial, but not essential
- An appetite for continual development of your own skills and expertise and a champion to share learning internally
- You’re digitally aware and learning new programmes doesn’t faze you
- Respectful and works with integrity
- You will be strategic in your approach and demonstrate creativity when finding design solutions
- You will take a user centred approach to your work and be excited by changing trends in the world of campaigning
- Comfortable with change and excited to work with your team to problem solve, focusing on solutions
- Passionate about the role Stonehaven can play in delivering change for our clients through our campaigns
- An ability to build client relationships by demonstrating expertise, balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders, and acting decisively and confidently
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
In addition to a competitive salary the core benefits programme includes:
- A discretionary annual bonus, based on personal and business performance
- Pension contribution, Private healthcare cover, inclusive of dental and optical and DocTap same day Doctors’ appointments
- £500 towards gym membership on completion of probation
- 25 days annual holiday with additional office closure days
- An enhanced family leave package
- An employee assistance programme with 24/7 access to online, phone or face-to-face counselling
- We are based in Central London, close to several public transport links and for anyone who prefers to cycle in we offer bike storage on site
- We encourage a mix of home and office-based working to help our team to achieve a healthy balance between work and their personal goals, and continue to adapt to the changing needs of our workforce