Etch Creative – a rapidly-expanding retail agency based in Clerkenwell, London – are looking for a superstar designer to join their heavy-hitting team of technical engineers and retail designers.
Etch specialise in POS, VM and Experiential sites for retail and have a focus on sustainable development and technology. You will live and breath retail and be comfortable designing for all aspects of product launches in particular luxury beauty, cosmetics, fashion and food/beverage.
You will be working with global brands and jumping in at the thick end of the creative process, often with just model, product shots and a logo to work with and your job will be to strategise and create a complete launch toolkit for global rollout from digital assets and print all the way through to airport and retail activations from global flagships to smaller, disruptive pop ups and activation. You get the idea! If you don’t, this probably isn’t the position for you.
As a small business you will be responsible for just about every aspect of your projects and you MUST have a proactive attitude and the understanding and initiative of your briefs to run with them from start to finish. We can’t stress this enough that as a small team it is vital you can be self-motivated and hit the ground running.
The role will be high-paced and you will need to be confident with taking a brief and running with multiple projects at one time but there is huge room for growth and we’ve already doubled in size this year! You will be in charge of and be looked to as a lead for the projects you manage. You MUST have a proactive attitude and the understanding and initiative to take a brief and run with it from start to finish. Of course you have the complete support of an expert team around you but we can’t stress self-sufficiency and initiative highly enough in this role.
The right candidate will have an impeccable eye for detail and design, be completely fluent in art working for print and production as well as a strong understanding of construction and fabrication techniques so you’re not designing with proverbial “sky hooks”! All of our briefs vary with regards to budget and timelines so you need to know what is achievable in both time and budget when setting out your project CPAs and implementing all aspects of the project apart apart from engineering which we have a dedicated team for where required.
So if you haven’t been scared off and you’re looking to join a small, agile and expert team in the retail design sector, we would to hear from you, buy you a drink and drool over your portfolio!
- You will be an expert in Adobe packages and Cinema 4D with Corona Renderer
- You will be able to sketch and scamp your conception ideas with an understanding of user experience to design to globally distruptive retail spaces, events and in-store activations.
- You will have a thorough understanding of manufacture covering acrylics, woodwork, metal, print, digital media and experiential technology
- You will be completely fluent in Illustrator, InDesign & Photoshop to produce artwork, texture maps and cutters for print and manufacture. You will understand white ink set ups, CNC and laser along with their capabilities and limitations.
- You will know the retail sector and know the pressures and rewards it brings. Retail is fast paced and ever-changing. We thrive on this and embrace the challenges it brings whilst trying to stay at the forefront of change within the sector. Specifically sustainable alternatives and disruptive technologies.
- On top of all of this, you must have a refined, conceptual and wide-ranging creative vision with a lust for aesthetic perfection in all that you do. Presentations should be immaculate, artwork should be approached with delicacy and sensitivity to brand guidelines and you should take a keen interest in what our competitors and other brands are doing in this face-paced sector.
- 7+ years retail design experience including project and client management.
- 7+ years of Cinema 4D experience and Adobe Suite with knowledge of Corona or other rendering engine to produce professional grade outputs along with sketches and art-working for print/production.
- Impeccable written and spoken English and confidence to deal with demanding clients as well as managing multiple suppliers and multiple projects at once.
- Good knowledge of SolidWorks would be a big bonus and advantage in the role.
- Knowledge of brands that we work with and VM / Marketing is also a big advantage.
- £37 – £43k depending on experience
- Hybrid working (3 days in our studio in Clerkenwell EC1 and 2 from home or remotely).
- Please outline your software and hardware requirements
- Paid sim and phone budget.
- 28 days holiday
- Regular team training and nights/days out for both pleasure and learning. Work hard, Play Hard is a key ingredient at etch.