From Functional Art to Collectible Design, today Carpenters Workshop Gallery (CWG) produces
and exhibits functional sculptures by international rising and established artists or designers
going outside their traditional territories of expression. Actively involved in the research and
production of limited edition works, the gallery’s choices are guided by seeking an emotional,
artistic and historical relevance and breaking boundaries between art and design.
The gallery relies on the partnership of childhood friends, Julien Lombrail and Loïc le Gaillard.
They first opened a space in London’s Chelsea in 2006 in a former carpenter’s workshop;
they now operate four galleries globally in London, Paris, New York and LA.
In 2015, the gallery opened The Workshop in Roissy, a unique 8,000 square meters space dedicated to artistic research bringing together the elite of artisans. Today, Carpenters Workshop Gallery is recognised as a leading gallery for contemporary collectible design.
About the Role:
The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for overseeing all visual aspects of print and digital content and communication for Carpenters Workshop Gallery, including photography graphics, typography, 3D projects and videos.
The Senior Graphic Designer will work in close collaboration with the Head of Marketing and Content (in charge of the brand content), the Head of Digital (ecommerce and all digital platforms) and the Production Managers. He or She will report directly to the founder and the COO.
The Senior Graphic Designer will oversee 2 graphic designers with a strong potential to grow in the coming years.
- Based on a brief produced by the marketing department, define, and implement graphic and visual contents across channels in a fast-paced environment
o CWG website
o Viewing room
o Social media
o Newsletter, Emailing…
o Gallery, fairs, events…
- Marketing supports (logos, packaging, press release, print, books, invitation…)
- Develop and execute distinctive and compelling photography (one internal photographer and a network of partners to activate) and video concepts (a team of 3 people based in London) that support the Carpenters Workshop Gallery marketing and sales initiatives
- Manage CWG Studio team
- Recruit and manage new talents
- Establish best practices for the CWG Studio in terms of production, productivity, and quality (attention to details)
- Ensure design consistency across channels by developing a strong internal execution process
- Ensure that the brand’s visual guidelines remain relevant over time
- Possess an acute understanding of the competitive landscape
- Research of new creative concepts, trends, and implementation of a creative watch
- Please note, the role is not limited to the above responsibilities
Qualifications and skills required:
- Senior Graphic Designer experience (> 5 years) with strong management and organizational skills
- Strong digital expertise, 3D skills is a must.
- Marketing, Advertisement, Print, Photography, Video, Website Design, Mobile/Tablet App Design, UI, UX
- Must have hands-on skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, WordPress, Lightroom, Premier Prop, After Effects: Adobe XD, Figma, Cinema 4D
- Extreme attention to detail, including brand requirements and goals
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, manage priorities and work on tight deadlines.
- Portfolio containing samples of retail, editorial, advertising, and digital design, and photo art direction.
- Good ability to work effectively within a team and to interact with a wide variety of profiles. Incorporate feedback and take / give instructions
- French language
- Experience in art gallery setting or related industry
Terms and Conditions:
This is a full-time role based in London Ladbroke Grove Area with occasional travel to Paris and USA. We offer a competitive salary based on experience with benefits such as medical insurance.
How To apply:
To apply, please submit your CV and portfolio to Carla May on email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristics.