We’re an award-winning, integrated brand communications agency.
Privately owned, proudly independent.
We work with clients we believe in, to help them grow and connect with their audiences. We work in B2C and B2B sectors, principally in Food & Drink, Health & Wellbeing, Medical, Tech and Consumer Retail. Our brands range from kitchenware, natural dog food to pet care, confectionery, Biotech, Pharma and CRO. Being an independent agency means we pick out many of the brands we want to work with.
Being based in the South West, we have space to think and room to grow. Our office is based in Bath, and we have strong connections to Bristol, plus our clients are based everywhere. We are often on the train to London, flying up north, in the car heading to Wales, or down South taking in the Cornish air.
We work in an open plan and vibrant office, where knowledge is shared and successes celebrated. We are in the new workshops in Beehive Yard, just off Walcot Street, which is full of creative independent shops. So we feel the space is perfect for us.
We have undergone a fantastic new office refurb this year, and as well as a bright and socially distanced friendly environment to work in, we are now offering flexible working arrangements -3 days in the office and 2 days home working as well as flexible start and end times.
We’ve won a few awards too, and every creative brief we write, we ensure the outputs are award-winning, so we can enter more!
Top 10 Recommended Brand Activation Agency 2021 – Drum Magazine.
Number 1 Brand Strategy Agency Winner 2020
(under 40 staff) by The Drum Recommends.
Number 1 Advertising Agency Winner 2019
(under 40 staff) by The Drum Recommends.
Ranked Independent Agency of the Year in 2015, 16, 17 by the Drum.
D&AD Pencil Winner 2016 – the global mark of true creative excellence.
If you would like to work for a nimble, dynamic agency, then we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for a curious and passionate Midweight Designer with a conceptual mind and an eye for design.
With five years experience, you’ll be a senior member of the team and will work closely with our Head of Creative, Art Director and brand strategists at the conceptual end of the creative process to help shape the look and feel of brands and campaigns. As well as defining the creative, you’ll be responsible for building out design assets for multiple deliverables and channels—digital and print. You will also be comfortable attending occasional face-to-face meetings with clients to present work, and represent the wider team.
You’ll be a team player but happy to work autonomously, have excellent time management skills and a keen eye for detail. An active interest in the wider creative industry and contemporary practice is essential.
Your personality is just as important as your performance but we are looking for a cultural-add, not a cultural fit. You will be ambitious and enthusiastic, driven by the success of AUK, and make a measurable difference to our clients’ businesses.
- Strong conceptual and ideation skills
- Connecting brand strategy to creative execution, creating exciting conceptual ideas and turning these into practical designs.
- Designing across different channels and integrated comms.
- Comfortable taking ownership of your own projects.
- Articulating ideas and designs to key stakeholders (external and internal).
- Understand the scope of a project, have excellent time management skills and be commercially aware.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a designer.
- Experience working with strategists, helping to define brand and campaign propositions and audiences.
- Ability to communicate ideas using pen and paper
- Experience across a variety of industry sectors is preferable.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite
- Comfortable collaborating with other designers, animators, developers and copywriters.
- You will be fully versed in the structure of a creative department and its day-to-day delivery process.
- Understanding of new / emerging technologies, and how they might be adopted by AUK and our clients to provide value.
As an important member of the team you have a responsibility to make the clients’ experience of working with us as positive and meaningful as possible. We have a track record of awards and are recognised by clients for the great work we do. The potential is limitless and the opportunity to build a truly respected agency brand is only just being real.