Publica is looking for a talented and conscientious Graphic Designer who can support our team in the development and implementation of the company’s identity across all printed and digital materials. This is a creative and varied position within an in-house environment. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working on materials for print; some experience of digital design; have excellent communication and organisation skills; possess a portfolio that shows an eye for typography and detail; and have an interest in architecture and urbanism.
At Publica, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, supporting the team in preparing and delivering public realm strategies, masterplans and concept designs for sites across London and the UK.
- Working closely and effectively with other members of the team, including the Executive Team, Projects Directors, Urban Designers, Researchers and Project Assistants or freelancers in the delivery of projects.
- Supporting the project team with:
- Editorial design of reports, presentations and other materials for Publica projects.
- Development of project identities and associated materials, and delivering projects from brief to completion.
- Day-to-day management of own workload across several projects and deadlines, liaising with project teams on content and schedules.
- The design and/or artworking of maps, infographics, photographs, drawings and other visual materials.
- Design and development of materials for the communications team, including: presentation design for talks and events, design of graphics for short films, websites, emailers and other associated marketing materials.
- Assisting with the design and production of company information and tender brochures for
the sales team.
- Implementing the Publica identity across all external communications and in-house materials and key business development opportunities.
- To provide technical assistance to the wider project team for InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- To clearly articulate graphic design decisions and timescales to project teams.
- To respond proactively and efficiently to deadlines and ability to prioritise tasks.
- Production of materials: liaising with external printers and suppliers; source quotes and sample materials; and prepare documents for print and electronic delivery.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the production of materials in the office, including liaising with external printers, sourcing quotes and ensuring delivery/collection of documents.
- Preparing documents for print, sending to print with the correct print specification in a timely manner, reporting to the relevant Project Directors in the instance of any issues with print quality.
- General design related administration duties.
- Experience and skills using After Effects to create short graphic animations and title sequences
- Experience and skills in basic video editing for use in presentations and on social media
- Knowledge of basic HTML/CSS and WordPress CMS
- Knowledge/Interest in learning about producing interactive and accessible PDFs from InDesign