The School of Life (www.theschoolofolife.com) is a global organisation helping people to lead more fulfilled lives.
We believe that the journey to finding fulfilment begins with self-knowledge. It is only when we have a sense of who we really are that we can make reliable decisions, particularly around love and work.
We created The School of Life – a resource for exploring self-knowledge, relationships, work, socialising, finding calm and enjoying culture through content, community and conversation. You can find us online, in stores and in welcoming spaces around the world.
How do we help people?
To deliver our mission of helping people lead more fulfilled lives we have focused our attention on six key themes:
- Leisure & culture
What do we offer?
Everybody learns in different ways and we want to ensure that as many people as possible can benefit from what we do. We share our ideas through a range of channels:
- Books, stationery, games and gifts
- Interactive classes, workshops, courses and events (for individuals and businesses)
- YouTube channel
- Online psychotherapy service
We believe in making the world a more emotionally intelligent place. Our corporate and public workshops, talks and conversations are central to our aims, with a fast-growing Training team and ambitious growth targets.
The focus of The School of Life’s in-house design team is the creative work for the company’s marketing, events and business services. As a Midweight Digital Designer you will be responsible for creating and art-working assets across each of these channels assisting in the growth and development of the brands visual output. Most of your work will be digitally focused but there will be an ad-hoc demand for print too.
As part of a small team your contribution will be key in ensuring the success of business goals and you will be hands-on with a number of projects from the offset. You will be supported by the Head of Marketing to mentor your growth and ensure that your skills and development are met with equal enthusiasm.
This is currently a hybrid working position with 4 days per week at home and 1 day per week in our London office (please note that going forward this split may change).
Reports to: Head of Marketing
Type of person we’re looking for:
- Strong communication skills, able to clearly articulate ideas verbally and visually
- Proactive, organised and have an avid attention to detail
- A sound knowledge of design trends and best working practices
- A fast learner who can work on a variety of projects at once, able to adapt to new requests quickly and efficiently
- Confidently and creatively contribute to the development of the brands visual output in meetings, presentations and brainstorms
- Able to take a thoughtful and conceptual approach to all elements of creative branding
- 3+ years of experience in similar role, in-house or agency
- BA (Hons) in Graphic Design or related subject
- A strong knowledge of Adobe CC Suite — InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator in particular
- A digital-first approach with knowledge of preparing files for a multitude of requirements – print preparation would also be an added bonus
- Strong typographic, layout and design skills displayed through an impressive portfolio
Salary: £28,000 – 30,000 p/a, depending on experience
Start Date: ASAP
How to apply:
If you think this sounds like a good match for you, please send your CV, portfolio and a brief cover letter (including your current notice period or when you’d be available to start) to email@example.com by the 15th June.
Please note that we will only be able to reply to successful candidates.