Are you a talented senior designer looking for a workplace that will inspire your creativity? Our London-based creative agency is looking for an enthusiastic graphic designer to work across multiple mediums for our Hoxton-based office.
As our designer, you will be working alongside our current design team and account managers to interpret clients’ needs with creative and impactful results. You will be required to balance a variety of design projects, including web design, print design and branding for our clients from around the world. These clients include some of the world’s biggest brands and NGOs.
The ideal candidate will have an extensive range of design skills and the ambition to learn even more.
As you will be working on multiple projects at once, it is crucial you can work well under pressure and at a suitably fast pace. This also means that you will need to maintain a good level of communication with the account managers and the rest of the team.
- Developing concepts, graphics and layouts for a range of client briefs.
- Determining size and arrangement of material and copy, font style and size.
- Prioritising your time between projects and maintaining an excellent level of communication with the rest of the team.
- Preparing rough drafts of material based on an agreed brief.
- Creating final designs, working to deadlines and a defined budget.
- Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements if required.
- Mentoring the junior designers within the team and acting as a key support for Agency Director
- Distributing the workload to the other designers, when necessary.
- Checking that all visual work produced by the team meets Magnetic’s high standards of delivery and providing feedback where required.
- Regularly reviewing client feedback and processes, implementing any improvements, as required.
We are a full-service creative design agency, based in Hoxton. (Our offices are a 2-minute walk from the station).
We know that businesses struggle to find supportive, efficient creative partners and that’s why we’ve created an agency where clients will be able to achieve more. We deliver fast turnarounds, a supportive, international team and a full range of offline and digital creative services.
We aim to make partnerships that create space to aim higher, grow quicker and think bigger.
We are also one of the very few Augmented Reality service providers in the world. If you haven’t worked with Augmented Reality platforms before, appropriate training will be provided in-house.
Magnetic is made up of diverse and energetic people. We get to know the people that we work with, and we build relationships that last beyond the job search. This is an exciting role, working in a fun, creative and energetic team.
Follow us on Instagram for our latest movements: @MagneticLondon
- A degree in graphic design or other art and design related subjects.
- Strong conceptual and typographic skills as well as a passion for design, creativity, and the creative processes.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Effective time management and ability to work well under pressure.
- Confidence to present and explain ideas to clients and colleagues.
- An excellent level of written and spoken English is essential, as you need to communicate with clients and fellow designers in English. We might also need you to prepare the actual written content for some of the projects.
- Ambitious, motivated and committed to quality and professionalism.
- A positive, can-do attitude, calm under pressure and comfortable with
multitasking to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent software skills, especially in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Good knowledge of HTML and CSS as well as strong illustration skills
- Competitive salary
- Training and development
- Vitality private health insurance plan
- Apple MacBook Pro Laptop + all the necessary hardware and software
- Paid holiday entitlement
- Educational materials and expenses, subject to management approval