WFD needs a Senior Designer to join our fantastic team! Our work helps strengthen democracy in over 30 countries and the impact of what we do is far reaching. If you want to make a positive difference and work with people who care, then please apply.
This is a great opportunity to continue developing a communications career in the field of international development, while working for a public sector organisation with strong values at the heart of its growing operations.
Our Senior Designer will be our in-house content producer and will enjoy plenty of opportunities to take our brand to the next level. The Senior Designer will design and produce digital and print communication materials, including print publications, infographics, videos, and animations.
This position will help us to tell visual stories about what we do, such as supporting political parties in North Macedonia to be more inclusive of people with disabilities, showing how people in Central Asia are affected by new laws to protect the environment, and helping to fight discrimination against women and girls and LGBT+ people.
The Senior Designer will help WFD transition to a more accessible, digital-first approach to communication, pushing back on accepted wisdom and legacy, paper-era processes where appropriate.
The core skills and experience we are looking for are.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Designer, with a strong portfolio of supporting evidence
- Experience designing complex publications for digital or print distribution
- Portfolio of work demonstrating creative flair, originality, and a strong visual sense
- Excellent knowledge of industry standard design applications – Adobe Creative Cloud with an emphasis on InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Excellent typographic skills
- A commitment to diversity, inclusion and accessibility and how this applies to design and communications
- Experience of working in agile delivery teams, managing your workload to accommodate competing priorities
- Strong project-management and relationship building skills
Location: Good work life balance. UK-based with the option for remote working.
Salary and Benefits:
- £38,300 – £43,835 pro- rata. 0.6 FTE £22,980 – £26,301 p.a.
- Civil Service pension- defined benefit: Generous employer contribution up to 27.9%.
- 25 days paid annual leave and 8 public holidays.
- Contract details: Permanent. Part- time.
- Friendly, supportive, and engaging environment (working with people who are passionate about positive change and strengthening democracy around the world).
Apply via our website: https://www.wfd.org/careers. Applications: Your application must include evidence of your work, please provide links to examples of your own work (an online portfolio ideally including samples showcasing your skills) within your Covering letter or CV.
Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis therefore this position may close before the closing date 25 April 2022