Dr. Martens is a globally famous and culturally influential British brand with over 60 years of heritage. Our products have become cultural icons, instantly recognisable and with timeless appeal, which is still relevant to consumers across the world today.
As brand custodians, we are lucky to work for a dynamic, thriving, and ethical business, with people from diverse backgrounds, who bring their true selves to work, and where anyone can grow their career. Do you have what it takes?
Dr. Martens are looking for a talented and enthusiastic UX/UI Designer to help with their program of work in the digital space. Specifically, e-commerce projects and enhancements with a strong focus on customer. We are looking for a detail-oriented person with a passion for developing great front-end experiences, who will work within Agile product teams alongside Business Analysts, Project Managers, Product Owners, Testers and UX Designers, adopting the Scrum framework.
As our UX/UI Designer you will be responsible for:
- Working alongside Business Analysts, Project Managers, Product Owners, Front-end developers, Testers and UX Designers in an Agile product team, using Scrum framework
- Handling multiple projects, transforming complex layout design files (Figma) into pixel-perfect web journeys and following brand DSM guidelines
- Working within A/B testing teams to help deliver quick & trackable changes to the site
- Translating UI/UX design wireframes to high-fidelity designs that can be easily delivered, bridging the gap between design and technical implementation
- Using your strong working knowledge of responsive mobile-first design techniques to align high-fidelity online experiences.
OUR FUNDAMENTAL QUALITIES
It’s never just a job at Dr. Martens. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe our Fundamentals: INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS.
We’re a diverse bunch who believe each role is as unique as the person who does it.
THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART
Put simply, for this role the key things we’re looking for are:
- CV & portfolio should include examples of experience within digital retail and/or have an understanding of the sector, its challenges and current trends.
- Projects within a portfolio that show a quantitative or qualitative clear user-centric approach to either an improvement, new feature or fix on a digital platform.
- Passionate about user experience-focused thinking
- Willingness to adopt new technologies and a hunger to grow as a UX designer
- Confident and outgoing in presenting and hosting user testing sessions
- Always a mobile-first thinker and innovator
- Key skill set: Figma, Sketch app or design programme experience, Adobe suite, HTML & CSS understanding, google analytics, digital experience platforms, project management software, keynote and other presentation creation software and agile methodology.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Welcome to the family free pair of docs
- 65% off all docs
- A dedicated culture team focusing on wellness and charity.
- 2 paid volunteer days per year
- Hybrid working
- Amazing Camden based offices with roof terrace overlooking the canal.
- Private healthcare
Are you ready to fill your boots? Apply now.
At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an environment where we can all be proud to work and be our best. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and age.