About Next Rebel
Next Rebel is a storytelling agency helping clients to communicate key messages through video and animation. We do this by listening to what our clients want, using our creative experience and planning high impact visuals that we know will turn heads.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Motion Designer who is ready get stuck in, deliver head-turning work, and be a part of our growth.
We’re based in East London. Proximity to London is a bonus for attending meet-ups and shoots but applications from all over the UK are welcome.
The Role and Responsibilities
- Put forward ideas for projects and pitches to assist the Creative Director in answering briefs and win projects
- Research and collect inspiration to assist with early creative development
- Create style frames and storyboard ideas to set the style of the project
- Create high quality illustrations ready for animation
- Craft smooth flowing animated sequences
- Stay on top of trends and new techniques to bring fresh and current suggestions to the table
- Be prepared to learn new skills to further enhance the business options and client experiences
- Create content for multiple platforms to meet the scope of different briefs
- Take ownership of deadlines, communicating with the team as necessary
- Contribute and participate in experimental projects
The Ideal Person
- 4-7 years of experience in design/motion design
- A strong and varied portfolio which showcases your illustrative animation skills (including character animation)
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CC, especially AE, AI and PS
- Vector Illustration skills are key
- A skilled conceptual thinker with a knack for planning storyboard actions
- Highly developed animation skills and an excellent feel for smooth, effective keyframing
- A skilled multi-tasker who knows how to stay organised and prioritise
- C4D knowledge
- Any experience with footage filmmaking/shoots
- Other non-vector illustration skills (e.g. cel animation)
What you’ll get in return
- Extra holiday allowance
- Time to work on experimental/studio projects
- The opportunity to help shape the direction of the agency as a key early hire
- £33-45k salary
Please send a showreel and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please be sure to include examples of illustration-focused motion graphics work or your application will not be considered.
The deadline for applications is 27th January.
If you haven’t heard from us one week after applications close please assume you haven’t been shortlisted.