Independent, new branding and digital agency are looking for a senior designer to join their growing team. Now a team of 25, they are a passionate family of designers, writers, strategists, and developers who truly care about what they do.
About the role
Our client is looking for a designer with 5+ years of experience, ideally with a history in brand creation. You’ll be working on projects spanning a wide range of disciplines, being exposed to design challenges across brand, campaign, and digital. The work is ideas-based and strategic, so your primary job will be to own and push projects forwards — with brilliant creative ideas, amazing design and craft skills, and clear, rational thinking.
This is an integral role in this tight-nit, busy team — both reporting directly to the creative director as well as managing a small team of more junior designers. You’ll also be involved in the day-to-day operation of the business, with the potential to make a real impact as they grow.
You’ll be expected to…
- lead creative projects from briefing to delivery
deliver ideas & concepts that combine a creative and strategic understanding
- think beyond the logo, providing well-rounded brand identity systems
- see challenges as opportunities.
- think digitally, creating brands that feel as much at home online as they do in print
- have an eye for detail, with solid craftsmanship and technical understanding
- be great at organizing and prioritizing your and others’ workload
- effectively collaborate with clients and team members
- be an excellent communicator, articulating your ideas with clarity and confidence
- 5+ years of experience (preferably with brand-led creative agencies)
- A portfolio full of strong conceptual ideas that are executed to the highest standard
- Ability to lead projects and direct more junior team members
- A passion for all things branding and digital
- A high level of accuracy and an obsessive attention to detail
- A positive, proactive, can-do attitude
- Knowledge of print and digital design best practices (animation is a big bonus)
- Awareness of current design trends and new ways of working
- Excellent communication skills
A proactive appetite for learning new skills
As a small but rapidly growing team, culture is important. Our client believes in building a diverse and inclusive team, underpinned by values of creativity, integrity, and care. The studio is small and fast-paced so you’ll need a good sense of humour, an open mind, and the ambition to help create a world-class design standard.
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Generous holidays
- Generous, personal health & wellness package
- Quarterly wellness workshops
- Will match charity fundraising efforts
- Join a fast-growing and exciting start-up with excellent growth opportunities
- Working with a fun, highly-motivated team where there’s never a dull moment
Please note that although we do have a flexible working policy the agency would like this Senior Designer to be in the studio at least two days a week (at your choosing).