What do we do?
We’re an Instagram marketing platform that’s on a mission to help creators, entrepreneurs, small businesses, and Social Media Managers live better lives by saving them time, helping them get things done, and improving their results. Over the last 2 years, we’ve focused on helping people with their hashtags and analytics – with over 25,000 paying customers, we’re now looking at the adjacent problems that we can work on to help make their lives even easier. You can learn more about what it’s like to work at Flik by visiting our Careers page. (https://flick.tech/careers)
A message from me (Sam, Co-founder & Design Lead) :
We’re looking for individuals to form the foundations of a new cross-functional team. This means you’ll have a lot of freedom & opportunity to grow via solving hard problems with huge ownership of the feature/product you’re working on. Our team is full of highly motivated, and friendly people who love to extract the most out of life.
I’ve been the only designer at flick for the past couple of years and I’m SO excited to be welcoming someone else to the team to start sharing this awesome responsibility with. Our team and customer base are growing, and it’s crucial for us to be expanding such a pivotal part of the product team. If you’re interested in: making a serious impact on an already loved product, turbo-charging your personal growth, designing beautiful end-to-end experiences, working in a fast-growing (bootstrapped) product startup, I’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for someone who is excited by the idea of making a big impact, and happy to take ownership of work at an exciting stage of our journey. You should have a strong bias to action and a sense of curiosity.
What You’ll Do:
- Design product concepts that balance vision, craft, speed, and business potential.
- Craft every detail of new product features, from idea to UX to pixel-perfect execution.
- Work closely with engineers and a product manager to drive your vision to the ship line.
- Create new patterns that are intuitive, practical, and convergent. Evolve our design system intentionally as we scale.
What we’re looking for:
- You have well-rounded skills and experience in creating designs that have been shipped to users. 3+ years of working experience.
- You can create clear, intuitive, and visually appealing human interfaces. (UI)
- You have experience working with design systems
- You can untangle vague conceptual problems, and have a sharp intuition for the most accessible mental models and flows, so users can immediately start gaining value out of the product. (UX)
- You care about the business needs, implications, and practicality of your designs. You don’t get stuck on pretty UI or deep abstractions and can balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- You have strong beliefs, loosely held – you’re a good listener who collaborates well with different stakeholders. You observe and internalize all inputs and feedback to help you reach an optimal decision.
- You like to tell stories using both words and visuals, then strategize the best way to make your point.
- You’ve designed and built great tools with small teams in the past.
- You bring unique strengths and perspectives to the team. We’re looking to build a diverse team where our skills and experience can complement each other.
- Impact the lives of 25k+ paying customers
- Ownership of your work you won’t find anywhere else
- Execution and implementation of your own ideas without corporate or client blockers.
- Use the best tools for productive, impactful work (Figma, Notion, FullStory, Amplitude, Launchdarkly, Miro, etc)
- Work closely with an open-minded, and experienced team to bring game-changing ideas to life, with collaboration at the heart of the process.
- Join us as we take on the next stage of the companies growth
Perks & Benefits:
- Flexible working (WFH, work from one of our office hubs in London & Wrocław, or do both!)
- Profit-sharing bonus scheme
- Company retreats
- Free books, courses and events
- Generous holiday package
- Home office budget
Here’s what you can expect upon a successful initial application:
- Introductory Call 👋 – An initial conversation for both parties to get to know each other better.
- Project walkthrough/presentation 💻 – Help us get a better idea of your technical ability.
- Final Interview 👩🌾 – A final conversation with the business’ founders
Please link relevant any relevant work/portfolio that helps us get an idea of why you’d be a great fit for this role.