Fast-growing, award-winning, brand experience agency seeks a junior User Interface Designer to join the creative team and develop their talents. Initially home based, then based in the heart of London’s West End.
Junior Digital Designer, Central London.
Salary: £26,000 per annum
Closing date: 30th October 2021
Ref Code: UI102021
Who we are looking for
You are an ambitious individual with a passion for digital design looking to begin or develop your career within an agency environment working with some of the world’s best brands. You will be someone who wants to take on responsibility as well as the opportunity to learn new skills.
You have a strong understanding of design principles, a passion to expand your skills and the talent to craft work that engages people.
You will need to be organised with meticulous attention to detail and have good communication skills. Above all you’ll have the drive and ‘can do’ attitude to fast track your career in a creative communication agency.
In return we will offer a competitive salary, a great working environment, a team orientated atmosphere where you can learn from the best and experience a huge array of interesting projects!
- Adobe Suite XD / Illustrator / Photoshop
- HTML/CSS, some JS preferable
- You can work within a brand’s identity, visual language/design system. You can extend this systematic approach to your own work, producing visually consistent interfaces.
- You understand the principles of UX and produce usable designs that consider the user’s needs.
- You can develop client relationships, present your work directly to the client and interpret their feedback in a constructive manner that will allow you to iterate successfully.
- You can collaborate with other designers, creatives and project managers. You take ownership in the design but can collaborate and compromise when appropriate.
- You are confident in building static web pages from scratch which feature responsive layouts. You should be up to date with the latest CSS spec, using features like grid, variables and animations.
- You can override a platform’s initial styling to implement a brand’s design system. This means being familiar with complex selectors and understanding how to scope code.
- You can move between different content management systems and be creative in fulfilling technical requirements
Cheerful Twentyfirst has been one of the UK’s leading creative brand experience agencies for over 30 years. We are based in London and New York but we work on projects across the globe for blue-chip and leading brands. Strategic creativity is at the heart of what we do. The team here are passionate about innovative thinking to engage audiences, create bold experiences and game-changing moments. Amongst our 50+ awards, we were recently recognised as CN Creative Team of the Year. #humblebrag
Closing date for applications: 30 October 2021
Apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, portfolio and a covering message explaining in one paragraph why you are the best candidate for the job. Please mark any correspondence with UI102021.
Cheerful Twentyfirst is an equal opportunities employer and will make all reasonable adjustments required at interview and throughout the recruitment process.
All successful candidates will be asked to provide documentation which demonstrates their ability to work in the UK. Due to the volume of applications being received at this time we cannot get back to every application. We thank you for taking the time to apply for this role and your interest in Cheerful Twentyfirst.