Why Media has opened up an exciting opportunity for a Junior Graphic Designer to join their UK team.
Do you have a passion for creativity, design and innovation? Well, this role could be for you!
Why Media has opened up an exciting opportunity for a Junior Designer to join their UK team.
As a fast-paced Creative and Marketing Agency, Why Media is seeking a creative, passionate, and enthusiastic junior designer looking to start a career within a vibrant and detailed-focus agency.
Working directly with our Senior Graphic Designer, this role will suit somebody who has recently finished education and is now looking to get some real-life experience creating design pieces for online and offline use while enjoying an agency environment made up of hungry, creative and career-focused individuals.
Who is Why Media?
They were founded in 2010 but were previously part of a Hong Kong agency; why Media has an excellent reputation for delivering high-quality, innovative, creative and marketing services to a wide range of companies, from start-up tech companies to blue-chip international institutions.
In recent months Why Media has expanded into Europe, opening offices in Spain and Italy.
Why Media classifies itself as a full-service agency due to its clients’ wide range of services, they also pride themselves on taking the stress and responsibility away from their clients when it comes to design and marketing by taking ownership and ensuring projects are delivered on time, to the highest of standard and within budget.
Why Media is proud to have worked with many of their clients for over ten years due to the relationships, they have built through transparency, work quality, the ability to listen to and understand the clients’ needs, and evolve with the times.
Our Culture – Fast-paced, ambitious, transparent, forward-thinking, team players!
More About The Role
As a Junior Designer, you will work closely with our Senior Graphic Designer and our marketing and technical teams to support a wide variety of daily design tasks.
This role will offer variety and give you a real insight into what it’s like to work within a fast-paced agency within the creative team.
This role will only suit individuals who have the highest standard of organisation and structure and can organise their workload.
A large part of the agency’s role is to deliver high-quality, highly engaging social media content for Why Media and its clients. Therefore, having a good understanding of social media channels and the impact that excellent design can have on engagement levels.
Although you will be working within a small team, you must work as part of a team and be self-managed. You should never feel uncomfortable asking for support from colleagues, but you should also be able to identify solutions to problems independently.
Your base will be our office in Hertford, Hertfordshire however, you may sometimes have the opportunity to work from our office in Central London and even take part in a visit to one of our European offices in Spain and Italy.
Below is an overview of the sectors we predominantly service (we are always open-minded to new sectors)
- Residential Developers/Housebuilders
- Financial Institutions
- Estate Agents
- Mortgage Brokers
- Construction Companies
- Law Firms
- Listed Companies
- Shopping Centres/Leisure Schemes
- Services industry
An Overview of the Role’s Responsibilities
- We are creating social media assets – graphics, banners, GIFS etc.
- Creating eye-catching and relevant infographics
- Creating digital design assets in line with brand guidelines
- Creating print design assets in line with brand guidelines
- Graphic creation for websites
- Email Marketing
- Image editing
- Image and video library management
- Managing print suppliers and obtaining quotes/samples
- Keeping up to date with current design trends and innovations
- Writing monthly news stories through the eyes of a designer
- Managing incoming design requests
- Office duties – answering the phone, managing diaries, taking meeting notes etc.
- Design file organisation
- Proofing design work before client viewing
- Identifying opportunities to build exposure for Why Media through design
- Understanding and adhering to company processes
- Attending creative events and exhibitions
- Assisting with photography
- Proficient Adobe Photoshop
- Proficient Adobe Illustrator
- Proficient Adobe InDesign
- Proficient Microsoft Office
- Professional Adobe Premiere Pro (Preferred but not required)
- Proficient Adobe After Effects (Preferred but not required)
- Proficient Adobe XD (Preferred but not required)
- Passionate about design
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Ability to take on constructive criticism
- Understands the importance of timelines
- Commercially minded
- Not easily offended
- Team player
- Problem solver
- Not afraid to ask questions or ask for support